Calibration methods

C

carbuff

Enthusiast
My hearing has been declining to the point that I now wear aids. Because of this, I no longer trust my sense of hearing to best configure the speakers in my two HT rooms.

My Onkyo’s TX-NR646 AVR is in our main entertainment room and has AccuEQ. In my home office I have a Sony STR-DN840 AVR with Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration setup. I use these features to setup the speakers in each room.

Out of curiosity, do these features provide the best listening quality for those in these rooms or is there another method I should use?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How much time and expense do you want to invest in measuring gear? I'd say if it sounds okay to you/others using these rooms, the auto setup was good enough. If anything these setup routines likely need help on the subwoofer end of the spectrum.

C

carbuff

Enthusiast
"if it sounds okay to you/others, etc."

It does. My family and friends who sometimes share with us music or a movie are not technical aficionados; they simply enjoy nice sounding music and excellently presented movies.

Before my hearing loss, I was much more insistent to achieve the finest quality I could. Now, as long as those who share with me find the presentations acceptable, I will do the same.

Again, I thank you as your response did help me decide what to do.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
C

carbuff

Enthusiast
I will file these links for future use if the present quality of sound proves to be inadequate.

Thank you.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Do you have an auditory test that reveals what frequencies your deficient?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis