Calculating Size of Speaker Cabinets

D

dpattillo

Junior Audioholic
I see many speakers listed with a recommended volume for the speaker cabinet. How do you calculate the cabinet size for more than one speaker? If the same speaker is used do you just multiply the recommended volume by the number of speaker (1 speaker requires 1ft^3 so 3 speakers require 3ft^3)?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I have always made sure to use separate chambers for each driver. Unless I was using a ported enclosure. Then the size of the enclosure would
depend on the port used and the frequency recommended for the drivers in question.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
If the same speakers are used, as in an MTM or TMM design, yes you multiply the recommended volume by the number of speakers.

I

isaiahcallnan

Banned
With the improvement of technology,there are more and more electronic products appear in people's daily life.We have to admit that the mobile phone make our modern life better and more convenient.However the cell phone sometimes cause new problems and breaks up people's peaceful life.To create a quiet condition, the cell phone blocker mini can help a lot.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis