Cadence Xsub Reveiws.

irishmcmorgan

irishmcmorgan

Audioholic Intern
:D I am so happy I bought this sub. The thing is SO LOUD...Put very accurate also. The first song I put on was a bass test that went from 20hz to 120hz. The CAdence performed well. It probably started to really kick in around 35 hz. But for 250 bucks I have never heard better. And oh yeah my room is 24 by 24 feet, and this fills it very very well. I havent gotten around to watch any movies but tonight i will put on LOTR Return of the King and Resident Evil and see is I can go pick uo Jurassic Park also.
Conclusion: If you want a loud sub(350 Watt RMS. 700 peak), with very good accuracy for the money go with the cadence. I have heard the JBL e250p and this blows it away. And again my bass knob is turned half way and my volume is half way so you get the point.

Here is where I got mine....
http://cgi.ebay.com/CADENCE-XSUB-12-350-WATT-ACTIVE-POWERED-SUBWOOFER_W0QQitemZ5795190730QQcategoryZ3275QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Where is the sub in the room? If you can get it near an inside corner then it will help extend the low end a bit. That is a great unit. Buck loves his. This is mich like the BIC and Acoustech speakers that he and I have been trying to get the word out on for months. There are some great values out there, and this is one of them. Congrats!

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I cant wait to order mine, 2 weeks till I can, I have to be back at college and have it shipped there, too big for me to try and transport from home with all my other audio equipment. Already adding to the way too much b/c I found on awesome deal on my Acoustech Towers and could't pass it up. But I heard this sub rocks from Buckeye, glad to here someone else has had good luck with it.

irishmcmorgan

irishmcmorgan

Audioholic Intern
corner

MY cadence is in the corner to the left of my system..and it really adds low acoustic bass to the room when its there.........hope you get your cadence soon

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
just waiting till the day I move into the fraternity house and get my shipping address changed on the card...hopefully can get it all done next sunday

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
IrishMcM, let us know how the T-Rex stomps sound, willya? Because of Buck and MacMan I'm leaning seriously toward the Cadence or the BIC's.

irishmcmorgan

irishmcmorgan

Audioholic Intern
Shadow_Ferret said:
IrishMcM, let us know how the T-Rex stomps sound, willya? Because of Buck and MacMan I'm leaning seriously toward the Cadence or the BIC's.
Definiteley I am going to go with my mother to town right now to go buy it!!!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
49 lbs, so what

I know the sub is great for the money, but it irritates me to keep hearing "oh it weighs 49 pounds blah blah" so what?

In another home theater in my house theres a 10inch subwoofer in a sealed 12x12x12 box and it weights 35lbs. It's significantly smaller, but it's weights quite close to this one.

sheep

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Sheep said:
I know the sub is great for the money, but it irritates me to keep hearing "oh it weighs 49 pounds blah blah" so what?

In another home theater in my house theres a 10inch subwoofer in a sealed 12x12x12 box and it weights 35lbs. It's significantly smaller, but it's weights quite close to this one.

sheep

35 lbs isn't close to 49 lbs, your talking a difference of 14lbs or roughly 25% less than the cadence sub. So, its about 1 and a half of your subs, I'd call that a prettysignificant difference not quite close.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Sheep said:

sheep

The weight of the unit is a general indicator of the build quality of the unit. that's what

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
box isn't the only heavy component

the box may not be as big, but you have to remember its a 10inch driver, and a less powerful amp (I don't know if the amp is subjective to weight). Its also less then the xsub. 250 cad.

it's stated to go down to 17Hz, but I havent yet seen it, plus I havent run a 17hz sine wave. I know for sure it hits around 25hz, and loud too.

sheep

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Does this 10inch marvel of engineering have a name?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Sheep said:
the box may not be as big, but you have to remember its a 10inch driver, and a less powerful amp (I don't know if the amp is subjective to weight). Its also less then the xsub. 250 cad.

it's stated to go down to 17Hz, but I havent yet seen it, plus I havent run a 17hz sine wave. I know for sure it hits around 25hz, and loud too.

sheep
a 10" that goes down to 17hz, thats pretty amazing, I'm also curious as to what brand and model this is.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
pro linear

Again, I have no proof of 17hz, never tested, but for 250, it digs deep.

Its called the prolinear basscube 10. It's my brothers subwoofer for his theater, but I will out do him soon when I get my 15inch velodyne hehe.

heres a link. One day I will test it out, and let you know if they lied in the frequency response.

http://www.pro-linear.com/basscube.htm

sheep

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Sheep said:
Again, I have no proof of 17hz, never tested, but for 250, it digs deep.

Its called the prolinear basscube 10. It's my brothers subwoofer for his theater, but I will out do him soon when I get my 15inch velodyne hehe.

heres a link. One day I will test it out, and let you know if they lied in the frequency response.

http://www.pro-linear.com/basscube.htm

sheep
looks good, am kind of curious as to how low it can really go though, 17hz seems extreme, but looks like a good sub. I like the asthetics, but its only 30 lbs.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
aprox.

yeah I never went and actually looked, but its close.

the driver is extremely stiff, like a veoldyne spl series driver. One of the guys who we were talking to at A&Bsound about the subwoofer said velodyne made the driver, but I don't know about that.

I know it can hit around 25 Hz well, but, again, don't know about the 17hz limit.

Here are some picture of the subwoofer in its spot.
enjoy.

sheep

Attachments

Last edited:
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
yeah I never went and actually looked, but its close.

the driver is extremely stiff, like a veoldyne spl series driver. One of the guys who we were talking to at A&Bsound about the subwoofer said velodyne made the driver, but I don't know about that.

I know it can hit around 25 Hz well, but, again, don't know about the 17hz limit.

sheep
That's not a bad sub. So they are only sold in Canada and the UK? Their towers look like AV123's - nice. It's very compact like a Def Tech Super Cube. I like the fact it has a class A/B amp. Much more "clean power" than a similarly rated class D amp IMO. The 10" is probably excellent for music, and decent for HT in a moderately sized room. I doubt the 8" would fit the bill. The weight difference may have to do with the thickness of the MDF, as well as the very small, compact size. The Cadence is also compact, but at 16.5x15.5x17.5. it's going to weigh more. The 350 watt class A/B amp in the XSUB alone weighs at least 10lbs. Going low, like 17Hz, or even 20Hz, is sometimes fatal to a sub when needing to reprode musical bass. You don't want anything but a dedicated HT sub to go that low. And when it does, it's usually not optimal for music. If you want a HT sub, you'll want a larger box. If you want a musical sub, the Pro-Linear is a nice choice. The Cadence is very good as a middle ground alternative.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
more video then music

From my experience with the prolinear, it's a movie sub before music. Its a little boomy, but that could be placement. Its my bro's theater, so I don't touch it much, he has his "own" way of doing things. The box for the basscube is very dense(typo?). A good knock and there is no resonance.

You, my friend, have balls, very big ones to be opening up speakers and what not. I installed a new heatsink on my graphics car and nearly puked I was so nervous. I had my computer savy friend on the phone guiding me, probably with his eye's closed :p .

sheep

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
From my experience with the prolinear, it's a movie sub before music. Its a little boomy, but that could be placement. Its my bro's theater, so I don't touch it much, he has his "own" way of doing things. The box for the basscube is very dense(typo?). A good knock and there is no resonance.

You, my friend, have balls, very big ones to be opening up speakers and what not. I installed a new heatsink on my graphics car and nearly puked I was so nervous. I had my computer savy friend on the phone guiding me, probably with his eye's closed :p .

sheep
My wife would disagree. ;) But I do tear into everything. I've put three hard drives in my tower (at the same time), and my other pc tower is completely torn apart. That's where I got the pc fan for my Denon. When I still lived with the folks, we put in a swimming pool. I learned from a plumber how to bypass the water meter in the basement. I took out the copper pipe and water meter, and ran a standard copper pipe while we filled our pool. I've already taken apart a $500 digital Canon S500 camera to see who made the lcd. Believe it or not, it's Sony! My buddy cracked his, and Canon's warranty wouldn't cover it. I ordered a new one for $85 and fixed it. Tiny, tiny parts. Like working on a Rolex.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
hehe, rump. Chris this isn't funny! hehe, swallows.

sorry about the title, I had to throw down a little family guy. Anywho, is the Xsub, the subwoofer you use, or do you just happen to have one that you take apart? I'm upgrading to a velodyne DLS-5000R in 4 weeks or so, I was going energy, but I got a better deal on the velo, plus, 15inches, gotta have some fluff to talk about right? :D

sheep

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis