Cadence CSX MKII 12 / 15

L

lrtrees

Audiophyte
Well sorry if I have missed it:)

I have seen the mini review and the very good write-up by theJman. Lots of good info there.

But correct me if I am wrong, but earlier in this thread was something that stated a 15" had been sent to Gene. And CadenceSound stated, Stay tuned for the other review of the 15" monster coming soon..." That was in post #57.
I was just wondering when that review, might be up. Or have I just really missed something.

Thanks,
Lon

Ricci

Ricci

Bassaholic
I have the CSX15-MKII from Cadence and it is in the process of being reviewed. Due to the thorough nature of the current review process and in part due to the full set of outdoor measurements involved these reviews take quite a while to complete fully.

The answer is that it will likely be a few weeks, not days before the final review hits the pages here. Sorry! Be patient...:D

L

lrtrees

Audiophyte
Hey Mr. CadenceSound. I you do not mind I would like to call your place of business and talk to you. If that is possible, would you please pm me and tell me who I might ask for. :D

Thanks,
Lon

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the CSX15-MKII from Cadence and it is in the process of being reviewed. Due to the thorough nature of the current review process and in part due to the full set of outdoor measurements involved these reviews take quite a while to complete fully.

The answer is that it will likely be a few weeks, not days before the final review hits the pages here. Sorry! Be patient...:D
Josh, Take all the time you need - We all understand that the depth of your reviews takes a lot of time and effort and we are more then willing to wait.

Thank you in advance !!!

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
Josh, Take all the time you need - We all understand that the depth of your reviews takes a lot of time and effort and we are more then willing to wait.

Thank you in advance !!!
x2...

Mr Trees, we spoke on the phone yesterday, as stated before, the review will be coming soon.

BTW Guys, all discount codes for the CSX MKII 12 and 15 will only be given by phone or email orders to forum members only...

Please contact RyKo@CadenceSound.com

G

gogo_vs

Audiophyte
I have the Cadence CSX-15 MKII for about a month and let me tell you that I was really surprised with the sound quality and output especially if you can get it during a promotion they are running once a while.
Yesterday I was watching Transformers-Dark of the moon in 3D and the bass was fenomenal except in few scenes with exposions when the subwoofer was trying to dig really low I heard rattling/distortion.
Tomorrow I will try to run a frequency sweep to see how low it can go without rattling/distortion.
In my opinion, there is no better subwoofer in this price range with free shipping (especially during the promotion).
Patiently waiting for the review and It would be nice to know how well it would stand against Epik Empire, HSU VTF-15H,etc.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have an Empire and compared the 12 MkII to it. It compares well in all categories, just not output. I'd expect the same for the 15"; it will have more output than the 12 obviously, but probably still isn't going to compete with dual 15s with twice the power. I haven't heard a VTF-15H, so can't compare.

G

gogo_vs

Audiophyte
I have an Empire and compared the 12 MkII to it. It compares well in all categories, just not output. I'd expect the same for the 15"; it will have more output than the 12 obviously, but probably still isn't going to compete with dual 15s with twice the power. I haven't heard a VTF-15H, so can't compare.
What about low extension? I don't think it can handle low frequencies like Empire. I would say down to 25 Hz. That's all.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Empire doesn't dig super deep either. It is lower than the Cadence, but not by a lot. Empire gets a little below 20Hz, the CSX-12 does not get to 20Hz. Neither of those Cadence subs are intended to go super low, but they are clean all the way to what they can reach, within their limits. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the 12 was good at 25Hz and was trailing off around 22Hz, so it does have enough extension for most movies.

Last edited:
G

gogo_vs

Audiophyte
The Empire doesn't dig super deep either. It is lower than the Cadence, but not by a lot. Empire gets a little below 20Hz, the CSX-12 does not get to 20Hz. Neither of those Cadence subs are intended to go super low, but they are clean all the way to what they can reach, within their limits. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the 12 was good at 25Hz and was trailing off around 22Hz, so it does have enough extension for most movies.
Did you watch the last part of Transformers yet? In some scenes I had rattling/distortion coming out of the Cadence, but other than that nice, deep bass. I will try to put something soft underneath the subwoofer's spikes to make sure that I don't hear floor vibration.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No, not a fan of Transformers. It did well on the Max Payne ending sequence though. If you haven't seen that, it is a potential sub killer if you don't watch your volume. I don't recall if I had the 12 sitting on an Auralex Gramma as well, but I don't think so. I was able to push it to its limit though.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
For around half the price of a VTF-15H you can't expect it to do what the HSU can do. So there is no point in comparing them honestly. Different leagues IMO!!

You need to look at how it compares to something like the PA-150. Both those subs are 15" & are of similar specs & price.

With the VTF-15H I can have it running 3dB hot (78dB) with the master volume at 0dB with WarOfTheWorlds or MissionImpossible:GP & have no audible distortion & headroom to spare. So there is a trade off when you spend $400 vs $900.

But that's why there are different strokes for different folks. Not everyone wants/can spend more than $300-$400 for a sub. That's when these budget subs come into the rescue!!! My buddy wants to spend <$400 so I've told him about the PA-150 & Cadence 15. They have a good place in the market.

G

gogo_vs

Audiophyte
For around half the price of a VTF-15H you can't expect it to do what the HSU can do. So there is no point in comparing them honestly. Different leagues IMO!!

You need to look at how it compares to something like the PA-150. Both those subs are 15" & are of similar specs & price.

With the VTF-15H I can have it running 3dB hot (78dB) with the master volume at 0dB with WarOfTheWorlds or MissionImpossible:GP & have no audible distortion & headroom to spare. So there is a trade off when you spend $400 vs $900.

But that's why there are different strokes for different folks. Not everyone wants/can spend more than $300-$400 for a sub. That's when these budget subs come into the rescue!!! My buddy wants to spend <$400 so I've told him about the PA-150 & Cadence 15. They have a good place in the market.
I am not trying to make the Cadence look bad against more expensive subwoofers and I know it wouldn't be fair. I am just currious how close it gets because we don't have any professional reviews for the CSX-15. Sometimes the price doesn't mean anything. I have seen cheaper subwoofers outperform more expensive units.
The Cadence CSX-15 is very good performer for awesome price and one of the best looking subwoofers I have seen.
I noticed that one of the spikes on my sub were not tightened enough. I fixed that and I put a piece of cardboard underneath all of the spikes and the rattling is almost gone. It has good output down to about 23Hz.

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
Its funny how many people compare our subs to those that cost an extra 300+ dollars. I think most people will agree that an extra $300+ tagged on to any product, is pretty steep. That performance increase better be welllll worth it for an extra $300...

GoGo..were you the one emailing about different mounting feet? I believe sent you a link to partsexpress...check them out, they have rubber mounting feet that should work out well for you;)

D Bone

D Bone

Audioholic Intern
I have had my CSX-12 Mark II since December 2011, and could not agree with the review more. Mine is corner loaded and EQ'd by Audyssey XT and is incredible. I have yet to hear any port noise or distortion at reference level, and I'm running 2db hot. Thanks for such a great review Jman!

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
Thanks! Glad your happy with your CSX, any pics?

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
I have had my CSX-12 Mark II since December 2011, and could not agree with the review more. Mine is corner loaded and EQ'd by Audyssey XT and is incredible. I have yet to hear any port noise or distortion at reference level, and I'm running 2db hot. Thanks for such a great review Jman!
You're very welcome. And I'm glad to hear you like the sub - I thought it was a solid value too.

U

uncola

Enthusiast
Hey is there a thread for the F19 or S19 speakers made by Cadence? I like that they are inexpensive and high sensitivity.. was considering them for surround speakers. Anyone know of any reviews?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis