Cable and Wire Management

J

jmsalt1

Enthusiast
I'm in the process of setting up my first real home theater so I've been doing a fair amount of reading, researching and asking some basic questions here trying to pull everything together for a professional looking install. I placed an order today for some small ticket items that I thought would be helpful and had a great vendor experience with Cableorganizer.com. I only ordered about $50 worth of stuff but by calling instead of just ordering off the site they were able to help me out on the pricing to offset the shipping costs when I asked if they could do that for me. I purchased some 3M Scotchcode and Hook & Loop Cable Wraps. If you like to keep your installs clean, I think this site is a nice resource.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
A mistake I made is not making sure components have a detachable power cord. Once you get everything nice and neat in zip tie bundles, when it comes time to take something in for service or replace a unit, if the power cord cannot be detached it's a pain to undo all that bundling.

I

imjustdave

Audiophyte
I'm wiring up mine right now, detachable power cords cab be purchased in 1,2,3,4 foot lengths vs what comes in the box... Really handy......
Also I like zip ties better then Velcro but that is personal preference, they take up less space and you cut the extra off. mr magoo.... Thanks for that info. Never thought of it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis