G

greenthumb

Audiophyte
Guys

I am in the process of building an entertainment cener that will house a 50" Panasonic Plasma. The specs say it is 50" wide.

The questions is how wide should my cabinet be made to accomodate this thing? What is the minimum width I could use?

Thanking you in advance.

greenthumb

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
The problem with nice custom-built to fit gear is it's too confining when you upgrade.:p Go with a nice 45" x 68" opening for the 65" plasma you'll want eventually!;):D Or just allow 3" all around for ventilation.:)

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I concur with AVRat. If you can, build it bigger than you need to.
I bought a wall unit entertainment center about 10 years ago that was a very nice dark oak with carvings, about 12 feet wide total. Our 36" CRT tv fit in there perfectly. We no longer have the CRT, we moved to a house a with builtin cabinets, and have no tv's that fit that unit anymore, so it's been sitting in the garage unused for 4 years and unable to sell it. Not the same situation as yours of course, but in retrospect it would have been nice to have gone with a unit that was more flexible in the size of the tv it could hold...it's hard to imagine ever being unhappy with a 50" plasma, but someday you might want to upgrade to something bigger, plan ahead if you can.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis