S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Cabasse is an interesting Italian brand. I have heard them at a couple audio shows. I would love to measure the spherical speakers sometime, one of these guys, not the huge eyeball. A three-way spherical concentric speaker is a curious design. I did have a chance to listen to the giant eye speaker in a setup that must have had a half-million dollar MSRP.

Here are some pics I have from some of their exhibits:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'll be damned, I thought they were Italian all this time...

Some of their speakers models have Italian names, so I incorrectly assumed that they were Italian.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
A4L has several of their speakers now. Seemed to have popped up out of nowhere on there.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
A4L has several of their speakers now. Seemed to have popped up out of nowhere on there.
Cabasse has been around for ages, but for some reason their raw driver line has never made much of a dent in the American market. Now if all speakers looked like that, I could sell a lot more of my Phil 3's.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In that first pic they look like jet turbines... lol

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In that first pic they look like jet turbines... lol
The triple-ringed thing in front is actually a 3-way concentric driver. Mounted in the middle of that sphere is a 21" subwoofer driver. Those speakers cost $180,000 for the pair. I heard them, they do actually sound pretty nice. Stereophile has done a review of them. These are nearly as exotic as it gets.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The triple-ringed thing in front is actually a 3-way concentric driver. Mounted in the middle of that sphere is a 21" subwoofer driver. Those speakers cost $180,000 for the pair. I heard them, they do actually sound pretty nice. Stereophile has done a review of them. These are nearly as exotic as it gets.
I've no doubt they probably sound awesome, and the tech is very interesting, but they sure are ugly. :p

Those speakers cost more than my house. Oh, to be stupid rich... Sigh.

C

class a

Junior Audioholic
I heard the smaller Eyeballs. Nice sound. It looks like something that the late Rod Serling would have had for his stereo.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis