Burn-in removel disc...or products

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
I dont have an issue, just wondering if you can "rejuvenate" your lcd pixels.

Thanks Folks

rock and or roll

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LCD should be the most immune to any sort of burn in of major display types. Older/early LCD panels may grow dimmer over time though, and there is nothing you can do about that.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
Image retention is what they call it on an LCD. Its my understanding that if you display a white screen its supposed to clear it up..??? what ever that means.

Thanks J. G.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I have heard so many different thoughts about this and the easiest remedy I have read about on more than one occasion was to simply play anything from PIXAR believe it or not. I read this in a post from a calibrator of PIONEER Plasma's.

I guess a PIXAR fest is in order, :).

Last edited:
Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja

Thanks Folks

rock and or roll
Do you mean defective pixels, or do you mean image retention? If the latter, it will go away on its own, and if the former, most likely you will not be able to do anything about it, though it may depend upon what, exactly, is causing the problem.

Or do you have some other issue in mind?

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
pyrro,

No issues, just want to give it a work out. You know, like flash a bunch of different colors, make the pixels do stuff really fast.Hive them a work out.

And no I'm not tripping.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
pyrro,

No issues, just want to give it a work out. You know, like flash a bunch of different colors, make the pixels do stuff really fast.Hive them a work out.

And no I'm not tripping.
If there is nothing wrong with your TV, using it to display random stuff will only wear it out sooner than if you turned it off.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For the typical LCD to experience burn-in like symptoms, you would have to leave it on a static image for a week. Even then, it isn't permanent because there is literally nothing in the LCD device to burn in like a plasma or CRT. In other words, don't worry about it.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai

Thanks Folks

rock and or roll
LCD's generally dont suffer from screen burn. plasma displays on the other hand are very susceptible to it especially during the first 200 hours of operations. i had a friend who had burn in issues with a plasma, i suggested he tried leaving the tv on "snow" to get rid of the issue because snow randomly cycles all colors. it worked perfectly.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis