Building my first HT System - Need Subwoofer recos

M

Mohi Pillai

Audiophyte
I have been slowly building my first HT system over the past 6 months. My final setup will be a 5.1 Here's what I have so far:

Receiver: Onkyo tx-rz810
Front: Canton Vento 830.2
Surround: Fluance Signature Series Hi-Fi Bipolar

Just placed an order for my Center Speaker. Should be getting it next week.
Center: Canton Vento 856.2

My room size: 15 ft x 20 ft x 16ft with vaulted ceiling.
My listening habits: 60% music and 40% movies/TV
My budget: $500 to $700

Special requirements: Need to keep it as compact as possible. I understand it takes up space to fill up the room.
Dont' have the option of getting two subs (because of space constraints).

Consideration set (so far): Rythmik LVX12,RBH i12 (Clearance), VTF-2 MK5 Subwoofer, SVS PB2000.

Request: Would love to hear what your thoughts are and what would recommend? I am willing to wait for the right product and the right price. SO if you know of good deals for the best ROI, I am all ears.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
All look like very good subs for the price. You really can't go wrong with any of them. I would also add in the Outlaw Audio Ultra-X12 to that bunch, I am betting it would be competitive as well. I think these subs will be more alike than different.

M

Mohi Pillai

Audiophyte
All look like very good subs for the price. You really can't go wrong with any of them. I would also add in the Outlaw Audio Ultra-X12 to that bunch, I am betting it would be competitive as well. I think these subs will be more alike than different.

Thanks ShadyJ. what are your thoughts on PSA 15v and PSA XV15? There are some b stock units available for sale.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Thanks ShadyJ. what are your thoughts on PSA 15v and PSA XV15? There are some b stock units available for sale.
Lol I might not be the best source to ask about that. Between the two, go for the 15V. The XV15 was reviewed here some years ago and proved to be middling for a 15".

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis