Building a complete professional home-cinema

A

Arash

Audiophyte
First of all I want to thank anybody helps me in this forum,

I am a newbie at building a professional home theater, however I decided to put a dedicated room for home theater and music listening.

The room size is 3.95m * 5.65m and my budget is about $7000

I have decided to use Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 configuration (I'm open to other options),

• AV-Receiver
YAHAMA RX-581 seems to be right AV Receiver for me, however I understand AV Receiver is the most important part so please help me to choose the best option.

· Speakers and Speaker Placements

My main concern is selecting best set of speakers according to my budget and RX-581 power output and where to put them in the room.

· Subwoofers

I think having two subwoofers is good option for me, my question is how to setup two subwoofers in the room.

· Projector & Screen

I already have EPSON TW9200, I don’t know most suitable screen size for the room.

· Room Acoustic

I really need your help how to make the room ready acoustically.

· Seats

I don’t think the room is big enough to have two rows of seats, anyway I open to options.

Thanks again for helping me.

S

sr2002

Audioholic Intern
I cannot claim any of the following are the best, but since I too am researching subwoofers currently here are some of the models/brands you might want to consider:

Power Sound Audio:
PSA V3600 or if your budget permits PSA T18HT

I havent personally listened to them but based on the research and forum posts I've read so far, it seems PSA subs are the best bang for the buck and will out perform pretty much any sub in their price range.

If not PSA, the next best I've encountered so far are the PB-13 Ultra from SVS and HSU VTF-15 MKII, both have tunable response based on one/two ports.

Good luck :)

BlwnAway

BlwnAway

Audioholic
First of all I want to thank anybody helps me in this forum,

I am a newbie at building a professional home theater, however I decided to put a dedicated room for home theater and music listening.

The room size is 3.95m * 5.65m and my budget is about $7000

I have decided to use Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 configuration (I'm open to other options),

• AV-Receiver
YAHAMA RX-581 seems to be right AV Receiver for me, however I understand AV Receiver is the most important part so please help me to choose the best option.

· Speakers and Speaker Placements

My main concern is selecting best set of speakers according to my budget and RX-581 power output and where to put them in the room.

· Subwoofers

I think having two subwoofers is good option for me, my question is how to setup two subwoofers in the room.

· Projector & Screen

I already have EPSON TW9200, I don’t know most suitable screen size for the room.

· Room Acoustic

I really need your help how to make the room ready acoustically.

· Seats

I don’t think the room is big enough to have two rows of seats, anyway I open to options.

Thanks again for helping me.
A couple of other details that will help us to help you:
Where are you located?
Since you have listed your dimensions in metric, I'm assuming you're not in the US, where you are will help with available equipment options.

Room Size:
How high are the ceilings, and is the theatre are open to other rooms?
This will aide in the selection of the best Subs for your space.

Receiver:
Don't worry about power, as long as it has the options you want, most any of the newer receivers will power most speakers just fine in that size room.

Speakers:
This is very personal, you'll have to listen to as many as you can and at least give us an idea of what you like, from there we should be able to either help you decide on which models to steer you toward or something with a similar sound, but possibly a better value.

Speaker Placement:
Try and give us a diagram or drawing of the space (with measurements) and your thoughts on screen and furniture placement.

Subs:
Again the cubic measurement is key, including the size of any attached "open" space to the proposed theatre area, plus of course availability options because of your location.

Screen Size & Room Acoustics:
These will be the last things overall, screen size will come into play with speaker placement, but other than that, it's something that doesn't have to be that exact until some of the other plans are set.

Good luck and have fun with your project.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis