Budget, dual-zone receiver with bluetooth

T

Tungsten06GT

Audioholic
Hi all,

As the title says, I'm looking for a budget receiver that has dual zone capabilities and bluetooth. What receiver models are out there which would allow for 7.1, where 5 channels can be for one zone and 2 other channels for the other zone? I want to be able to have the 5 channel zone 1 setup being driven by a cable box or PS3, while the 2 channel zone 2 is independently playing whatever I'm streaming via bluetooth from my smart phone (also, it would be nice if zone 2 could be playing the same thing as zone 1).

Thanks

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Hi all,

As the title says, I'm looking for a budget receiver that has dual zone capabilities and bluetooth. What receiver models are out there which would allow for 7.1, where 5 channels can be for one zone and 2 other channels for the other zone? I want to be able to have the 5 channel zone 1 setup being driven by a cable box or PS3, while the 2 channel zone 2 is independently playing whatever I'm streaming via bluetooth from my smart phone (also, it would be nice if zone 2 could be playing the same thing as zone 1).

Thanks
Get the HK Bluetooth module. You can then use it with any receiver. Pretty much ALL zone 2 audio uses analog RCA for sourcing, so this would be perfect.

Amazon.com: Harman Kardon BTA-10 External Bluetooth Adapter: Electronics

You can then get an older receiver like a HK AVR-247/347, an older Yamaha, etc.

I'm curious what budget receiver you think will drive those 6 Ohm EMP E5ti's?

For zone 2 to same the same as zone 1, just use Y cables.

T

Tungsten06GT

Audioholic
Wow, actually that thing looks like it would be perfect for my setup. I have an Elite receiver with dual zone, but no bluetooth so I think that is something I would like.

I was looking for a receiver for my brother-in-law which had bluetooth already built it but I'll keep an eye out because apparently it doesn't matter as long as you have this module. Thanks!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis