BTech Side Clamping Mount

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I recently purchased a pair of B-Tech BT77 side clamping speaker mounts and I'm pretty happy with them.

I was impressed by the build quality when I unpacked them. These are well made and sturdy. They say they can hold up to a 55lb. speaker. My HVL-1's are 12lbs., so no worries there. I feel that these mounts could hold a heavy speaker, but 55lbs. may be a little optimistic.
Once mounted, you're able to swivel the speakers to up 360 degrees. You can also tilt the speakers +/- 7 degrees.
Assembly and mounting was easy. Instruction book was actually helpful and well written.
They came with all the screws, washers, and anchors needed for mounting. I chose to use a heavier anchor on one side because there was no stud. They come with a few pieces of sponge like fabric to apply to the clamps so you don't scratch your speakers.
They come with a cover to put on the rear bracket to hide screw holes. This is the one thing that I found disappointing. I thought the cover would 'snap' into place on the bracket but it doesn't. It 'fits' but does not hold well and vibrates. I'm not sure if this is a design flaw or I missed how to properly install the cover. I used two small pieces of scotch tape, top and bottom, to hold the cover for now until I can figure out what to do.

I recommend the B-Tech BT77 Side Clamping Speaker Wall Mounts. Well built, easy to assemble and mount, and a Medium WAF rating.

http://www.btechavmounts.com/product-range/products/bt77

Barry

Attachments

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I used two small pieces of scotch tape, top and bottom, to hold the cover for now until I can figure out what to do.
Instead of taping it to the wall, use some black vinyl tape to tape it to the arm of the mount, to prevent it from riding toward the speaker. 3M tape, available pretty much everywhere, is nice and stretchy, easily molding itself to odd shapes without needing to be pinched or folded, and it lasts a long time. If the cover plate still vibrates against the wall, use ticky tack between the cover and the wall. Or you could try some silicone caulk around the edges.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Looking good Barry :) The PSB Image 4B are of a similar weight. I've gotton away twice now without screwing directly into a stud. I use all the screw holes in that case. I agree that the plastic cover used to hide the screws could have been configured with a snap-on type hold.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis