BT Laptop + Portable BT Speaker vs. iPod Classic + 3.5MM connector vs. iPod Classic + BT?

M

migs_inc

Audiophyte
Hello, all,

I am thinking of getting a new Bluetooth portable speaker (e.g. Jawbone Big Jambox) for the beach. The issue I have is that my iPod Classic is not Bluetooth enabled. I want to have local (vs. internet) access to all of my music, and my collection is large (120gb) and growing. So, I am considering a few options:

- iPod Classic-to-3.5MM connector to connect iPod Classic to the BT portable speaker
- iPod Classic with Bluetooth A2DP transmitter to BT speaker
- Portable, durable (water-resistant) laptop with bluetooth to BT speaker

Assuming I am using the same speaker, would the sound quality be the same for all of these options? If not, which would be better or worse and why might that be?

BTW, I want a BT speaker because I also want to be able to use it with my smartphone wirelessly, so I am definitely not considering a portable speaker that only has an iPod dock (no BT). Also, I am not considering iTouches or the like because their storage capacity is too small for me. Last, I don't want to rely on cloud storage, as I go to places that often don't have internet and I don't want to pay yet another provider for internet.

Thanks!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis