Bryston 3B Amp VS Cambridge A300 Integrated Amp

A

AlCapone

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Before I got Bryston 3B hooked up into my system, I appreciated A300' sound, it rated 50Watt into 8 Ohm, and 91db speaker then I upgraded Bryston 3B rated 100Watt into 8 Ohm. I am so disappointed how the Bryston 3B sounded, If you are audiophile, when you replaced a bigger amp into a system one thing U will notice is that at the same volume the speaker will sound louder approximately double. Right now I don't know how to do. The different b/w 2 is that Bryston just more a bit bass, the loudness of both the same. I appreciate for your attentions.
by Alcapone</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>AlCopone;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are audiophile, when you replaced a bigger amp into a system one thing U will notice is that at the same volume the speaker will sound louder approximately double. </td></tr></table>

Doubling power in a system, does NOT double loudness when the preamp gain is fixed and the Vgain of both amps are similar. &nbsp;The more powerful amp will yield the ability to play louder (without clipping) as you turn the volume up. &nbsp;Assuming all things equal, doubling power would yield a +3dB gain in volume, it takes 10X power to perceive double loudness.

For more information, I suggest you read the FAQ I wrote about this at:

Watts, DB's &amp; SPL</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis