Bought used Yamaha RX-V 1065. ISSUES.

B

Bailey69

Audioholic Intern
Hooked it up not getting any sound.

Just to test it I hooked up just the front speakers, my Pro-Ject Carbon to the Phono and set the input to phono. No sound.

Is anyone familiar with this reciever? Could it be a setting in the menu that is turning off the sound to all the inputs.

Unit powers on fine.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Hook up an antennae to the AVR and test again. Verify that the speakers are securely connected to the "FRONT" speaker terminals.

B

Bailey69

Audioholic Intern
Hook up an antennae to the AVR and test again. Verify that the speakers are securely connected to the "FRONT" speaker terminals.
Will do. The speakers are hooked up right. Reciever only has one set of connections for "main" fronts. I thinking it's in the options menu somewhere. But I really don't know.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
do u have HDMI cable(s) to hook it up to a TV/monitor to view the options menu? you're going to need to hook them up to run the YPAO equalization program sooner or later anyway, though i doubt that's your problem.

B

Bailey69

Audioholic Intern
Looked through the manual carefully but no help.

Hooked up two small speakers. Switched on, picked tuner. Auto searched a station and no sound. Nada, nothing. Not even hiss at max volume

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Perhaps the fuses, if there is any? It would require taking the cover off. First, look this information up in the manual. Or search google for your specific model, if all else fails.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are you sure it worked before this? Have you checked input assignments? Anything like a tape monitor turned on? Try a microprocessor reset to factory defaults?

B

Bailey69

Audioholic Intern
Perhaps the fuses, if there is any? It would require taking the cover off. First, look this information up in the manual. Or search google for your specific model, if all else fails.
I have had a look for fuses. Can't see any. : (

B

Bailey69

Audioholic Intern
Are you sure it worked before this? Have you checked input assignments? Anything like a tape monitor turned on? Try a microprocessor reset to factory defaults?
Bought off a guy through Letgo app. He "assures" me it was working. ;) I don't trust. I've decided to have it looked at. Even if it costs me 100-200 to fix it'll still be worth it I think yes. I payed the gut 160 for it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Bought off a guy through Letgo app. He "assures" me it was working. ;) I don't trust. I've decided to have it looked at. Even if it costs me 100-200 to fix it'll still be worth it I think yes. I payed the gut 160 for it.
I'd think about 160 for that avr is already about the most I 'd pay. Did you try the reset?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure how to reset it?!?
Well a usual first step for a glitch is a soft reset--unplugging the unit for a while then plugging it back in; worth a try if you haven't. Most avrs have a microprocessor or factory settings reset by a combination of buttons on the front panel but I don't see such for your avr in your user manual (there's some resetting for the remote but I don't see it for the unit in general).

It may be addressed by doing the "INIT" in step 3 here http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v1065_black__u/4403/7111

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Don't know your interest level with audio but there's several people that I know that's had bad experiences with that site buying items, in the near future visit...accessories4less...a lot of us here have had great success with buying audio gear. There're a Certified Authorized Factory Refurbished Dealer, that gives you a warranty along with outstanding customer service, I hope you can resolve your issue...

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Hi Bailey,

Before you bail out and head for the repair depot first try connecting some headphones to the Receiver, select Phono, switching on the Main Zone - On/Off (Button K on page 4 of the manual) and slowly turn up the volume while playing a record. If you hear music, you'r part way there. If you don't hear anything, connect an AM or FM antenna and try it as the source.

With minimal or even no output, on the Speakers Connected Indicator on the front display (bottom right corner of the display - see page 5) you should see L & R connected if those are the only two speakers connected correctly on the rear of the receiver. (See page 5 for speaker connections.)

Note the "negative" for each speaker goes to the corresponding negative post which is on the bottom row. The "positive" in each pair goes to the corresponding upper post. Check both ends of the speaker cables for good connection. I don't know how many times folks have connected both wires from a speaker to the positive posts for a speaker pair on the back of a receiver, and connected the negative posts to the other speaker output pair, and say the Receiver is faulty.

I hope this is helpful.

B

Bailey69

Audioholic Intern
Hi Bailey,

Before you bail out and head for the repair depot first try connecting some headphones to the Receiver, select Phono, switching on the Main Zone - On/Off (Button K on page 4 of the manual) and slowly turn up the volume while playing a record. If you hear music, you'r part way there. If you don't hear anything, connect an AM or FM antenna and try it as the source.

With minimal or even no output, on the Speakers Connected Indicator on the front display (bottom right corner of the display - see page 5) you should see L & R connected if those are the only two speakers connected correctly on the rear of the receiver. (See page 5 for speaker connections.)

Note the "negative" for each speaker goes to the corresponding negative post which is on the bottom row. The "positive" in each pair goes to the corresponding upper post. Check both ends of the speaker cables for good connection. I don't know how many times folks have connected both wires from a speaker to the positive posts for a speaker pair on the back of a receiver, and connected the negative posts to the other speaker output pair, and say the Receiver is faulty.

I hope this is helpful.
I'll try this thank you!

B

Bailey69

Audioholic Intern
Hi Bailey,

I hope this is helpful.
NO dice! But thank you. Startin least I can say I've ruled out the obvious. I'm going to take it to a repair shop. Wish me luck guys.

B

Bailey69

Audioholic Intern
Repair man has it. I'll you all know what he finds.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Curious, did you find someone local or did you ship it off to a repair center?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis