boston acoustics vs. jamo

M

mczooley

Audiophyte
HI All,

Looking to pull the trigger on a new speaker set up and these two options are in my budget, so which set up do I go with?

Using an older JVC avr and HTIB for now but the avr will be upgraded in next few months. The room is large (35x25) with cathedral ceiling and opens to a loft. The entire house is post/beam so it is wide open and like to blare the music as well as the movies.

Jamo s-606 hcs3 5.0 set up with (2) s606, (2) s602, (1) s60cen for $400(use my current jvc 100w sub until I can afford a new one)

or

Boston Acoustics Classic Series 5.1 with (2) CS226b, (2) CS26b, (1) CS225CB, (1) CSSUB10B $550

Can't go any higher on pricing! Going into analysis paralysis!!!!!!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Welcome to the forum, mczooley.

While I have not heard either I would guess that I would prefer the Jamo. Total guess though. Taking a listen for yourself is the only way to know for sure though.

M

mhtn

Audiophyte
Jamo

Even though I haven't heard the model you mention, I have a pair of E770s and to me these are great speakers. I prefer these over the more expensive Energy RC30s which sound dull and boomy. The E770s have tight bass and very clear high. I've seen some posts/user reviews regarding the S606 and they were nothing but praises. Vanns on Audiogon has a set in black for 450 but they accept offers. Good luck with your speaker choice.

M

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis