Boston Acoustics HD9??

S

sammiller44

Audiophyte
i have a chance to get these from CL for 70$. apparently they are in great shape, anybody own a pair and have any tips? worth it?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I purchased the Boston Acoustics HD10s and really enjoyed those. If they are in mint condition I would at least consider them. What do you have right now?

S

sammiller44

Audiophyte
AWWW what the crap!!!

bought them, after playing 10 minutes at half power (my reciever is 40wpc), the foam on both the 6.5 inch woofers tore!

i really dont think its my fault. something is shady about this.

:mad:

im calling this dude up to take them back

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, you gotta look closely at that, sorry I didn't mention it. I suppose that advice would have come to late anyway.:(

D

DaveHo

Audioholic
Those speakers are probably 15 yrs old. Foam rot happens. Should have given them a squeeze before you bought them.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I would tend to agree with DaveHo. Foam rot happens and this should have been inspected before purchase. Bostons where notorious for this. It's a 15 to 18 year old speaker bought used. The seller is not at fault in any way. Buyer beware when going used.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Lots of places do sell foam surround repair kits, you can find them on eBay, too. Not sure how much success you'd have with them, but I know others have tried them and it's worked in the past... -TD

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis