Bose Wave III with CD changer

K

knipey

Audiophyte
Hi all,
while holidaying in the US I purchased a Wave III & CD changer, on returning home to Australia and installing the item,(I used a step down transformer to solve the power problem) the main unit would not recognise the changer. I have been to Bose here in Australia & they told me that the two items were incompatable. Before I ring the dealer in the US I would like to know if anyone else has had or knows of anyone else who has had this problem. I have installed the current updates.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You pretty much got the info straight from the horses, errr, mouth.

Hi all,
while holidaying in the US I purchased a Wave III & CD changer, on returning home to Australia and installing the item,(I used a step down transformer to solve the power problem) the main unit would not recognise the changer. I have been to Bose here in Australia & they told me that the two items were incompatable. Before I ring the dealer in the US I would like to know if anyone else has had or knows of anyone else who has had this problem. I have installed the current updates.
Bose may be overpriced, but they d pride themselves on their customer service. I'd be surprised if I heard they knowingly sold you two incompatible units.

What did they suggest?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi all,
Those units are designed to work together. However the manual states that the firmware in the Wave III has to be updated before it will work with the changer. This can not be done via the Internet, but only will the CD provided by Bose. You say you installed the updates, but my suspicion is that you did not do it correctly. The other possibility is that one or both units are defective.

One other issue, you might want to check the voltage of your step down unit under load, to make sure it is correct.

You should know that your analog FM will not sound right since you bought a US model. We have an Eq constant of 75 msec for pre- emphasis/de-emphasis. In Australia it is 50 msec.

Also digital radio will not work as we use Ibiquity/Iboc and Australia uses the much better DAB plus.

It is generally very unwise to purchase electronic equipment across zones with different standards. All sorts of unforeseen issues can and often do arise.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis