D

DAVID ELMER

Audiophyte
Is it possible to attach any sort of audio device to the bass unit of the lifestyle 8.My control unit has failed, and I would like to use the bass unit and small speakers as a stand alone audio amplifier unit. Is this possible. Also does anyone know the wiring diagram for the audio lead into the Lifestyle Bass unit. What does the stereo mini jack lead do.
Yours.
Dave Elmer

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Is it possible to attach any sort of audio device to the bass unit of the lifestyle 8.My control unit has failed, and I would like to use the bass unit and small speakers as a stand alone audio amplifier unit. Is this possible. Also does anyone know the wiring diagram for the audio lead into the Lifestyle Bass unit. What does the stereo mini jack lead do.
Yours.
Dave Elmer
We get asked this a lot, as Bose as well as having poor audio quality is also unreliable. Bose units are NOT compatible with any other units on the planet. Bose have gone out of their way to make sure of that.

So the best advice I can give you, is to start from scratch and swear of BOSE in the future.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hard to say since those speakers connect to the module via RCA and it is hard to tell with their systems if it is line or signal level on those outputs. Usually you can still use them as long as everything still runs through its bass module.

TLS is correct, Bose is sort of a losing battle. The GOOD news is you can likely sell your system for parts for a pretty good price. People often damage one or more speakers or the bass module dies and they only need parts of the system, so the used prices can be pretty good for the whole system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis