I

IamEvilOne

Enthusiast
Ok, here is what I have.

Bose acoutimass 6 III 5.1 set up.

Yamaha RX-V667 : 7-channel 630W powerful surround sound (90W x 7)
HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
Discrete amp configuration
Pure Direct for HD audio and video enjoyment
Low jitter PLL circuitry
Assignable amplifiers for bi-amp connection
Intelligent assignable amplifiers for Surround Back / Front Presence or Zone 2 connection

Now what I did is try to integrate a Klipsch Reference RW-12d 12" Powered Subwoofer.

I am using the RCA front speaker output on the receiver and the input on the sub.

I used "YPAO sound optimization for automatic speaker setup" and it said sub 1 is out of phase. It sounded great at first! Then I moved the bose sub to the left of the tv, and moved the klipsch to the right and did another YPAO test...still says sub 1 is out of sync.

Does anyone have any suggestions, on settings/configuration...what should I set the klipsch sub in dB and lowpass and phase settings on the receiver. they both have settings for these.
I was playing with the lowpass on the receiver and the sub almost took my house down....

8O

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What you should be doing is running a single subwoofer RCA cable from subwoofer pre-out 2 to the line in/Right channel on the klipsch subwoofer.

I

IamEvilOne

Enthusiast
I'll give it a try...what should I be setting my bandpass on the receiver and woofer to? receiver is defaut at 80hz, the woofer is at 55hz, also the dB is currently -32. It gets too boomy any higher. Kinda like a constant rumble like its trying to push the mids.

Also, you said a sub cable? will an rca be the same thing?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'll give it a try...what should I be setting my bandpass on the receiver and woofer to? receiver is defaut at 80hz, the woofer is at 55hz, also the dB is currently -32. It gets too boomy any higher. Kinda like a constant rumble like its trying to push the mids.

Also, you said a sub cable? will an rca be the same thing?
RCA should be fine.

Do you mean the crossover, the high pass, or the low pass?

I

IamEvilOne

Enthusiast
Receiver's bass cross over setting is 80hz

Klipsch's sub settings shows - low pass is 55hz.

Both are able to be manually adjusted.

I left the volume at -32 dB.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Drop the low pass to about 20. I would probably raise the crossover to at least 120. I have no idea what the FR of those tiny bose cubes are, but it can't be that low.

I

IamEvilOne

Enthusiast
Sounds good now..I turned the sub volume back up, and my house didn't fall down...or blow out the woofer. Thanks! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis