L

ltworf13

Audioholic Intern
Looking for a good durable quality sounding headphones for everyday use with my iPhone. I really like the quality sound of the Bose but the bass is better on the what the Beats provide. I'm almost willing to forgo the lose of the bass for quality sound. Does anyone have a suggestions on a product that combines Bose and Beats for around $200

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Both of your picks are lousy. When it comes to phones, it is Sennheiser, Sennheiser and Sennheiser.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Audio Technica, Sennheiser, or AKG. Bose and Beats are two of the most overrated headphones out there. Most of your money is going towards the marketing they do. Before you decide go into a Guitar Center and listen to some of the models from the manufactures mentioned above.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Audio Technica, Sennheiser, or AKG. Bose and Beats are two of the most overrated headphones out there. Most of your money is going towards the marketing they do. Before you decide go into a Guitar Center and listen to some of the models from the manufactures mentioned above.
You nailed it.

L

ltworf13

Audioholic Intern
Both of your picks are lousy. When it comes to phones, it is Sennheiser, Sennheiser and Sennheiser.
Thats awesome info. I say a few yesterday when I was looking but I was ignorant to the brand and never bothered trying them. Ill give them a go.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Although their balance might be a touch forward, i'm a big fan of these for closed headphones:

Amazon.com: Denon DNHP1000 Super DJ Headphone: Electronics

For open ended, I would look at AKG K702. If you want more bass for some music, use bass boost/eq on your player rather than getting unbalanced headphoens that add bass to everything artificially.

Last edited:
L

ltworf13

Audioholic Intern
checked out the Yamaha today, Yikes what a horrible sound. the didn't have HD 515 to test :(

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I had heard ATH-M50 and I would never ever buy them, but if OP likes over the top (imo bloated) bass, it may suit his taste.
Yeah, I had them and sold them.

I don't think it's bloated bass that is the real issue, I think something is un-natural in the mid-bass. I'm not an expert in the freqs, but that was my take. For some tracks, I never noticed it. For others it just didn't sound right.

I still think I would take those over Bose or Beats.

J

Jupit3r

Audiophyte
$100 Bose headphones are actually better than $200 Beats headphones, that is just a fact that everyone knows.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis