Bookshelf Speakers..

D

daveld

Enthusiast
I have definitive tech studio monitor 350's as my mains right now but, I am wanting to move them to them to surrounds. I am looking to buy an svs sub so, what bookshelf speakers would you recommend that have a good range for mostly movie's and some music that are in the $600 a pair range? I have read a lot of reviews about many brands and it is really difficult to choose from. If someone owns or has heard some good speakers extensively please chime in. Thanks!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Are you figuring on a matching center speaker in that dollar range as well? You really want one from the same manufaturer/line

D

daveld

Enthusiast
Yes, at some point I would like to have a matching center from the same line. In dollar range maybe $300 to $400.

D

Dargent0628

Junior Audioholic
I'd encourage you to audition a lot of speakers as you have many options at that price point. The psbs I have image b5s serve me very well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

D

daveld

Enthusiast
Appreciate the suggestions guys!! I always thought that retailers like best buy, etc had good quality speakers until I became a member and started reading posts on here. Again, Thanks guys!!

D

Dargent0628

Junior Audioholic
You might also want to browse thru audiogon.com for good deals on used or blemished. I got my psb c5 there for half retail brand new in box. Screw best buy.

D

daveld

Enthusiast
You might also want to browse thru audiogon.com for good deals on used or blemished. I got my psb c5 there for half retail brand new in box. Screw best buy.

Appreciate the info on audiogon.com I will be sure to check them out.

D

daveld

Enthusiast
If any others would like to chime in, please do so. Thanks!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
You can usually find Monitor Audio Silvers out there for a good price.

D

daveld

Enthusiast
Thanks guys for the input but, let's change gears. What if I put the center speaker budget (I can get that later) and the bookshelf speaker budget together and we have around $1k. Would it be worth it to look for a good set of used towers or should I stick with bookshelf's?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks guys for the input but, let's change gears. What if I put the center speaker budget (I can get that later) and the bookshelf speaker budget together and we have around $1k. Would it be worth it to look for a good set of used towers or should I stick with bookshelf's?
I would still stick with good bookshelf speakers, in that price range.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis