S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
Hey all. I am in the market for some psb bookshelf speakers for my left/right main speaker for my 3.1 setup. I was looking at the psb image b6 or the imagine b. I was wondering if the imagine b is worth all the extra money over the b6? I will be using a svs sub.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
You need to listen and decide for yourself. The Imagine line is generally considered to be substantially better than the Image line, but that does not necessarily mean that it is worth it to you. You should listen to them and decide for yourself.

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Within the PSB line I would not bother to make the jump from the Image to the Imagine since the Image's hold their own. I'm not impressed with the Imagines at that price point and would only consider the leap to the Synchrony.

S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
Im assuming that you have heard both the image and imagine line?

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Audio is subjective so the OP may not come to the same conclusion that you reached.
Agreed. When it comes to speakers only the physical dimensions and components/build materials is not a matter of opinion. The most important part, sound reproduction, is totally dependent on our own subjective ears.

I'm not condemning the Imagines i just don't hear a worthwhile improvement. If I was looking to upgrade the Images and didn't want to go the Synchrony route then I'd go Stratus Silver, GB1 or Platinums.

S

slickrick1038

Enthusiast
Do you think I could match the imagine mini c with the imagine b bookshelfs?

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Hi slick. Gosh I don't have any first hand experience with the Imagine center speaker or the Image center for that matter. The common recommendation is to stick within the same model line for L-C-R speakers and I think for the majority of applications this is sound advice. I don't think your sound stage will be shot to hell by mixing and matching but I also don't think you'll be gaining much with the Imagine center. I'm a 2 channel stereo guy so maybe someone else can chime in and see if I'm on track with that.

I think a set up 3 Images across the front with your SVS sub will be a competent, enjoyable system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis