HDOM

HDOM

Audioholic Intern
Good Day after comparing the remastered hdtracks, i feel my cd was much better! The cd sound it more clear and powerful, but extrange the sound was more high, then i wonder would this cd be a copy of the hdtracks and then made with high volumes, so call loudness war? in that case how can then sound more superior than the hdtracks? in my opinion.

What do you consider the best quality Bob Marley Legend?

I had try the vinyl but the cd sound it better, maybe because i had a cheap vinyl, any way i dont want to listen to vinyl, but to cd or digital download (i dont thing the bluray is better than the hdtracks?) so i wonder what do you recomend?

I wonder if there is any better quality of these formats, and what the different in sound quality is?:

Legend (30th Anniversary Edition) [SHM-CD+Blu-ray] Limited Edition

2002’s Legend: Deluxe Edition

Bob Marley LEGEND: THE BEST OF BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS (SOUND+VISION EDITION)

Legend 30th annyversary remaster 2014 | CD+Blu-ray

what are the differences about the 2002 and 2014 remastering? and i have hear that the new bluray is a 5.1 sound quality but i have only 2 speakers so i dont think it would be great for me (and i dont like the sound of 24 bit) i wonder if the so call sacd and shm remastering are better than the original albums etc etc

Regards

HDOM

HDOM

Audioholic Intern
ps. i had found also righ now that there was before a early remastering that somesay the volume is not so high like in the new remasterings, these old remasterings were made by Barry Diament.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
This wouldn't be the first case of the hd version sporting inferior production quality than the standard version. Unfortunately, I can't help out with the various versions of that particular album, but perhaps they're on the dynamic range database.

edit: they are there, and they're all over the map as far as dynamic range measurements.
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=bob+marley&album=legend

Small, potentially confusing caveat to this: dynamic range scores on that site do not necessarily equate to overall production quality, just the dynamic range. Some producers are quite skilled at loud mixes that sound very good.

Last edited:
HDOM

HDOM

Audioholic Intern
hithere thanks for the information, i just wonder what this mean?:
DR
DR max
DR min

and if there any diference betwen

lossless
and lossy ?

ps. if we just look to this list of albums which one is the best if we just look for the thechnical one even when it doesnt necessarily equate to overall production quality

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

DR/DRmin/DRmax are just used to reorganize the data, either ascending or decending dynamic range measurements of the search results.
Lossy = compressed format, e.g. mp3
lossless = uncompressed format, e.g. flac, redbook
The lossy/lossless refers to data compression of the format, not to be confused with dynamic range compression of the recording.

The albums with wider dynamic range (higher DR #'s in the database) generally tend to sound better on good sound systems, but you may want to play the compressed, "loudness wars" version in your car.

Last edited:
HDOM

HDOM

Audioholic Intern
thank you very much for the reply!! you say that: The albums with wider dynamic range (higher DR #'s in the database) generally tend to sound better

do this mean that if for example we see in the list a album with DR min 11 - DR max 16 it should be better than a album with DR min 15 DR max 16?

ps. who made that list or homepage?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Higher numbers are better in this regard, so the album that listed 15 min and 16 max would have consistently higher dynamic range across all the tracks than the other album.

HDOM

HDOM

Audioholic Intern
thank for the info but if you want a box set or colection of Bob Marley the best that exist righ now is:

The Complete Bob Marley & the Wailers 1967–1972
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_Bob_Marley_&_the_Wailers_1967–1972

but now since this thread is about the album Legend i may ask, were all the Legend albums remastered from single vinyls?

ps. i think Diament had remastered the Legend album from the Legend master tape, but it seems that master tape (i guess is only one, and is located in uk?) was mastered from the single vinyls of these days? so we can say the first mastering of the Legend album were not from the real first master tapes made in Jamaica?

ps. 2 let me explain litle more:

THE FIRST TRACK of the album legend: is this love - is from the album Kaya so, wen they did the first recording and mastering of the track this love, it was transmited to reel to reel or master tapes that became the album Kaya; (Mastered by Ted Jensen of Sterling Sound) from this and other studio albums singles (i guess 7 vinyl singles? in wikipedia we can see many have (7" edit) and remix) beside the tracks.

From wikipedia:

" When first released in the US in 1984, pressings contained remixes of "No Woman, No Cry," "Buffalo Soldier," "Waiting In Vain," "Exodus" and "Jammin'," done in 1984 by Eric Thorngren. (International pressings substituted the remixes for either album versions or 7" edits.) Pressings from 1986 on used the international version of the release until 2002, when a two-disc deluxe version released by Universal replaced all tracks with their respective album versions (except for "No Woman, No Cry," which is the full length version from the "Live!" album) and included the two extra tracks from the cassette release as bonus tracks. That version would be released individually as part of the "The Definitive Remasters" series."

do this mean that only the 2002 have tracks taked direct from the Master tapes?

Regards

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis