"BML Electronics Tracer" speakers??? Any idea?

F

flexiflyer

Audiophyte
I just picked up a pair of two-way "BML TRACER" model# 1001, speakers... beautiful Speakers. They are 34" tall x 20.5 wide x 5" deep. Super sound and look great! Why can I find no information? Thanks, Steve

F

flexiflyer

Audiophyte
Used BML's

Thanks... I did get them used. I collect older equiptment and was really impressed with the build quality and appearance.

Also a side by side comparison with my much larger and substantial JBL L88's.

I think I liked the BML's just as much. Funny to find such a nice pair of speakers and not be able to find any info!

Oh well, I like them and will probably keep them around for awhile.

Thanks again, Steve

W

wolly99

Audiophyte
BML Electronics TRACER

Hey fellow TRACER-owner. Sounds like you are holding a pair of TRACER "Sound Windows". Do they look like the 'monolith' in movie "2001 Space Odyssey"? Heavy as boat anchors? They sound crystal clear at all drive levels, wouldn't part with 'em and wish I could get 3 more for HT set-up.

W

WOOFERHEAD

Audiophyte
bml tracer 1001 speaker system

hi ! i just aquired a pair of bml tracer 1001 speaker cabinets with no drivers or crossover .
i would like to restore them , can any one out there help me ? i need as much info as possible . re crossover , drivers and etc.

G

greekjk

Audiophyte
I own a pair of BML Tracer Soundwindow speakers. They were part of a system I once had (Krell KMA 100's and Linn LP12). After getting married, my grand listening room was converted back to a living room. The system was sold with the exception of the BML's. They have been in storage 15 years and are in excellent condition. Specs are 51h x 20w x 5d and weigh about 70 lbs each. I am trying to find a fair value for them.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I own a pair of BML Tracer Soundwindow speakers. They were part of a system I once had (Krell KMA 100's and Linn LP12). After getting married, my grand listening room was converted back to a living room. The system was sold with the exception of the BML's. They have been in storage 15 years and are in excellent condition. Specs are 51h x 20w x 5d and weigh about 70 lbs each. I am trying to find a fair value for them.
I know what grave digging four year old thread is not best way to get responses, but audiokarma will probably be a better venue to get information on vintage audio

Tracers by BML - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

(yes, my "solution" is to revive a 7 year old thread :rolleyes::D;) )

G

guidoLaMoto

Audiophyte
Hi, Folks....I'm not an audiophile. In fact, I have a tin ear, but I found this thread by searching "BML Tracer speakers." I searched it because my uncle was the "M" in BML- inventor and producer of those speakers....He just passed away (elderly and in poor health. It was a blessing.) and has left me with the task of clearing out his house in which he horded the remnants of the BML operation after it went belly up two decades ago.

There are literally hundreds of speakers (?drivers? I'm naive.) still in the boxes to be disposed of. I hate throwing things out that people may have a use for.....He also has ~20 reel to reel tape decks, turn tables, and a wide assortment of vacuum tubes among other audio related gizmos.

I'm not willing to mess with individual requests for single items, but will part with this stuff for a song if taken in bulk....It's located in WI-- about 10 miles from The Dells.

I'll check back here in a day or two. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi, Folks....I'm not an audiophile. In fact, I have a tin ear, but I found this thread by searching "BML Tracer speakers." I searched it because my uncle was the "M" in BML- inventor and producer of those speakers....He just passed away (elderly and in poor health. It was a blessing.) and has left me with the task of clearing out his house in which he horded the remnants of the BML operation after it went belly up two decades ago.

There are literally hundreds of speakers (?drivers? I'm naive.) still in the boxes to be disposed of. I hate throwing things out that people may have a use for.....He also has ~20 reel to reel tape decks, turn tables, and a wide assortment of vacuum tubes among other audio related gizmos.

I'm not willing to mess with individual requests for single items, but will part with this stuff for a song if taken in bulk....It's located in WI-- about 10 miles from The Dells.

I'll check back here in a day or two. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Can you post pictures of what is there? I live not too far from the Dells in the Twin Cities. May be my grandson, might want to make a buck if there is anything decent.

G

guidoLaMoto

Audiophyte
Thanks for your reply, TLS Guy....I just now contracted with an online auction outfit (Donley). They estimate there is more than $10K in value there-- their estimate of the cost of clearing it out. Your grandson probably isn't interested in an undertaking of that magnitude.....Anyone interested in the stuff will find it listed on Donley's site in a month or so.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for your reply, TLS Guy....I just now contracted with an online auction outfit (Donley). They estimate there is more than $10K in value there-- their estimate of the cost of clearing it out. Your grandson probably isn't interested in an undertaking of that magnitude.....Anyone interested in the stuff will find it listed on Donley's site in a month or so.
I figured that might be the case.

C

cpimentel68

Audiophyte
I have 2 BML Tracer Soundwindow speakers if anyone is interested. I am in Cali
IMG_9551.jpeg

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I know someone with a pair…. In a large bay window. I tried suggesting he pull them out a give ‘em some breathing room to no avail. He said he loves how loud they get

:rolleyes:

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I know someone with a pair…. In a large bay window. I tried suggesting he pull them out a give ‘em some breathing room to no avail. He said he loves how loud they get

:rolleyes:
Go figure some people don’t know anything about placement…. o_O

C

cpimentel68

Audiophyte
do they sound any good ?? I’ve never even heard of these speakers . Too far away for me to want them just curious how they sound .
I wouldn't be able to say. I just happened on these 2 speakers and was surprised to find very little online about them.

R

roark

Audiophyte
do they sound any good ?? I’ve never even heard of these speakers . Too far away for me to want them just curious how they sound .
i have these bml sound windows as well as the for runner tracers. i visited the designer on chicago’s north side in the late 70’s early 80’s. the flatter panel ones “sound windows” were billed as a transmission line design. the designer did not use any crossover network on the two 8” woofers and the tweeter is a piezoelectric requiring no crossover. the earlier tracers use classic phillips drivers and the windows i believe used audax. they both sound very good. due to the lighter drivers they are midrange heavy and can be supplemented with a sealed box subwoofer.

R

roark

Audiophyte
i have these bml sound windows as well as the for runner tracers. i visited the designer on chicago’s north side in the late 70’s early 80’s. the flatter panel ones “sound windows” were billed as a transmission line design. the designer did not use any crossover network on the two 8” woofers and the tweeter is a piezoelectric requiring no crossover. the earlier tracers use classic phillips drivers and the windows i believe used audax. they both sound very good. due to the lighter drivers they are midrange heavy and can be supplemented with a sealed box subwoofer.
and BML stands for Better Made Louddpeakers according to its founder in chicago

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis