Blu-Ray Player Freezes

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Now my blu-ray player suddenly freezes playing a DVD at around the same spot on a disc. Yamaha BD-S477. Disc is clean, no visible scratches or damage. I power cycled it twice, reconnected HDMI cable, removed USB memory stick and ethernet cable to isolate the unit. Still no go. Unit is out of warranty so have to decide if it's worth fixing or just buy a new unit from a different brand. I've had similar problems with Samsung, now Yamaha. Any good RELIABLE models out there? Just want blu-ray, DVD, no frills, no 3D, no 4K pass through needed. TV doesn't support it anyway.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The same spot sounds like this is only on one disc? Disc can be corrupted and it may not be visible....or this happens with all dvds?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

The same spot sounds like this is only on one disc? Disc can be corrupted and it may not be visible....or this happens with all dvds?
Probably is the disc, tried it on a regular DVD player, same problem. But how can a disc become corrupted after a few playings?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Manufacturing defect of some sort....pretty rare so not much of a worry. In the thousands of optical discs I've used the most problems I've had were with a Samsung player; far more than the handful of discs I've encountered over the years that seem to be simply corrupted (because they're not playable on multiple players I've got at the time but nothing more scientific than that).

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

It may be a coincidence but I've had problems with single-sided and double-sided DVD's from Universal Pictures. Maybe they have lousy QC. :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis