Blu ray copies okay?

T

Tibor Fuchs

Audiophyte
I need to buy best quality blu ray disks for my home theater group showings. When I shop on line the ones I get are poor copies in my opinion. How/where can I get top quality blu rays that that have maximum bandwidth and sound definition? Where I live I do not have good internet connectivity.

T

Tibor Fuchs

Audiophyte
You buying some weird bootlegs?
That's why I'm asking. I don't want bootlegs or pirated copies. I want real quality Blu Ray disks. I live abroad so I can't go to physical stores in the States.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's why I'm asking. I don't want bootlegs or pirated copies. I want real quality Blu Ray disks. I live abroad so I can't go to physical stores in the States.
I only buy online myself, generally Amazon. You might contact the Blu-Ray organization if you think you're getting bootleg/pirate copies. What vendors are you using and where are you?

T

Tibor Fuchs

Audiophyte
It's sort of like the situation with blue tooth Sony earbuds or wired earbuds. The wired traditional earbuds retain the full bandwidth and range of music while there is a drop off with blue tooth buds because sound waves are digitally compacted. A trained ear can tell the difference. That's why I'm asking. Streaming movies entails a drop off in audio and visual detail. A copied Blu Ray movie won't have the detail that a trained eye and ear can discern. Correct me if I am wrong. I'm an old timer and I've been away from the States for a long time. I used to buy Blu Ray movies that were clearly sealed and you could tell that they were direct from the studios and producers. What happened while I was away?

T

Tibor Fuchs

Audiophyte
I've tried Amazon and DVD Empire and I've paid a pretty penny. They're still knock offs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, my blurays have always come sealed with annoying plastic wrap :) (altho I don't think that's any sort of guarantee its official....anyone can buy such sealing equipment afaik, let alone equipment to record bluray).

What country are you in? Hard to imagine Amazon wanting to sell pirated/bootleg copies, have you contacted them? Not familiar with DVD Empire.

I don't use bluetooth hardly at all, but it was in the car for the most part....but there are a variety of bluetooth codec quality levels, too. I do see the effects of streamed movies being a bit reduced quality compared to a bluray, tho (why I prefer to own the disc for my favorite flicks). I've seen some pirated downloads that aren't up to snuff, particularly the audio track, and sometimes seems more dvd video quality.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis