ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Lets play it once again before I lose my AH status.

I think I hear a big brown truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It was the garbage company.

Still waiting.....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LMFAO. Picking up. Wait, are you shipping your stuff out or new stuff coming in?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Man, I miss the old days when someone would say "big brown truck" and a thousand of us would join in with anticipation.

New stuff man. If I am getting out of the game, I can't have an 8 year old AVR.

Rumor has it that something heavy is coming on Saturday too.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Man, I miss the old days when someone would say "big brown truck" and a thousand of us would join in with anticipation.

We're still in shock that you're liquidating your gear. I'm still hoping you'll change your mind and just find an acceptable compromise with high WAF -- something like a micro speaker / hidden-in-plain-sight subwoofer DIY combo.

That's a very nice AVR though! What will it be driving? How heavy is this Saturday package expected to be?

I had a big white truck with purple and red letters come yesterday. Behold.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
tsm-21-1.jpg
I wish I had new AV equipment. I recently bought a new pocket hole screw machine. Castle TSM-21. Does that count?

Congrats on the Big Brown Truck coming to your house. It's always fun to get packages like that. I don't have that truck showing up this week. But I do have a retired Big Brown Truck driver working for me. Does that count? <crickets>

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
We're still in shock that you're liquidating your gear. I'm still hoping you'll change your mind and just find an acceptable compromise with high WAF -- something like a micro speaker / hidden-in-plain-sight subwoofer DIY combo.

That's a very nice AVR though! What will it be driving? How heavy is this Saturday package expected to be?

I had a big white truck with purple and red letters come yesterday. Behold.
I have an acceptable compromise. I let my wife have the living room back and I don't have to buy her a $600,000 new house. With 10 years left in my career and everything I own being paid for, a big house note would not be fun...lol...

Remember, I still have a little bedroom system and a nice outdoor HT. The living room will be compromise but will still likely be better than a lot of people's systems.

That package coming Saturday should be around 75 lbs and no one will ever see it once installed.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have an acceptable compromise. I let my wife have the living room back and I don't have to buy her a $600,000 new house. With 10 years left in my career and everything I own being paid for, a big house note would not be fun...lol...

Remember, I still have a little bedroom system and a nice outdoor HT. The living room will be compromise but will still likely be better than a lot of people's systems.

That package coming Saturday should be around 75 lbs and no one will ever see it once installed.
No debt is a great place to be! Even if you made some compromises to get there, almost certainly worth it.

Personally, what I would really like would be a modest setup in the LR. Just a smaller TV and a couple speakers or maybe a soundbar. I would like for my LR to be dominated by a large aquarium rather than a large TV!

Then, I would have my HT/Media room, and likely a game room at the back too.

But, my current house is way too small for any of that, so my main HT rig is in the LR.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have massive unfinished basement, what some folks call a english basement.
It's a project waiting to happen, only thing I need to make a massive man cave is a bit of $, ok a lot of $$$..
Guys, buy houses with basements - even if wife kicks you out of living room, least you have options.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have massive unfinished basement, what some folks call a english basement.
It's a project waiting to happen, only thing I need to make a massive man cave is a bit of $, ok a lot of $$$..
Guys, buy houses with basements - even if wife kicks you out of living room, least you have options.
Good advice, but very few houses in the south actually have basements! We don't need them here, except as a storm shelter.

In central TX, it's way too rocky to even consider a basement. Then many of the Gulf Coast areas, the water table is too high to make that realistic.

Growing up in TX, I would have absolutely no idea of basement maintenance, or the pitfalls of a basement.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Good advice, but very few houses in the south actually have basements! We don't need them here, except as a storm shelter.

In central TX, it's way too rocky to even consider a basement. Then many of the Gulf Coast areas, the water table is too high to make that realistic.

Growing up in TX, I would have absolutely no idea of basement maintenance, or the pitfalls of a basement.
I agree. The only basements around here are the ones where they find dead bodies and no one even knew that guy had a basement.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
No debt is a great place to be! Even if you made some compromises to get there, almost certainly worth it.

Personally, what I would really like would be a modest setup in the LR. Just a smaller TV and a couple speakers or maybe a soundbar. I would like for my LR to be dominated by a large aquarium rather than a large TV!

Then, I would have my HT/Media room, and likely a game room at the back too.

But, my current house is way too small for any of that, so my main HT rig is in the LR.
Luckily we haven't made very many compromises in life. The worst would be silly things like I drive an Audi and would rather drive a Porsche and she drives a Mercedes but would rather have a Range Rover.

After tearing down my entire system last night, I am so ready for a simple system. I had even forgotten that I had 2 12v triggers, and multi point ethernet thing and two Nile control boxes back there just to turn on the dang thing...

My AVR should run all 3 zones I have and my extra amps are all gone now. I will have a Sat box and a PS3. Once my term is up with DTV, I will only have a PS3. I will likely keep it for Netflix and Vudu.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

I am really liking this AVR. All the network and streaming works so much better than the 3808. Who would have guessed that tech advanced since 2008.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
These just came too. I hear another truck is coming today and one tomorrow.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That was the next question, how many lol. Ceiling huh? I guess as easy as wall since you'll be running the wires for the speakers too.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

A basement is a lot cooler during Summer if the walls aren't insulated.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis