BIC Venturi 12" vs Dayton 12" vs Monoprice 12"

S

starbuk

Audioholic Intern
Which do you all suggest for this room (taken from another thread):

HERE is my convertible apartment. There is a large window behind the computer desk and a kitchen and bathroom behind the couch (not modeled). The size of the larger room is 17x14 and 9.5x9 for the room with the bed.

Will be using a Pioneer VSX-D509S and (2) Infinity Primus P163's. :D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
You should be more specific about which subwoofers you mean, as, for example, Dayton makes more than one 12" subwoofer; presumably, you mean this one:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-635

I doubt you are going to find proper measurements of all three subwoofers, so it will be impossible to give a definitive answer to your question. Many times in life, one must make decisions based upon incomplete information.

My advice is to search for proper measurements, though maybe someone here can help with that.

If I were to hazard a guess (and keep in mind, this is a guess), if you could get them all for the same price, I would think the BIC would be best. But for the same price, you might very well be able to get two of the Monoprice subwoofers instead, and that might be better.

I personally think it would probably be better still to wait until you have a budget around $500 or so and get something really quite decent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis