Bi-Amping center chennel

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Afternoon guys got a question on bi-amping my center channel a JBL LC2 is it possable to come out of the center channel preout with a y- cable and and conect it to my center channel amp A CARVER TFM -25 would there be any signal loss in splitting the signal . This is new stuff for me as iam only useing one channel in the amp now and i thought what the heck why not use both channels any thoughts or help would be welcome .

vecc76

vecc76

Audioholic Intern
1 channel on that amp is more than enough power for that center channel. You should be able to bridge that amp to mono, which in my opinion would make more sense. What do you have driving your other speakers?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
thanks for responding yes it can be bridged that is an option . I use carver TFM 35x's for front mains and the same for the surrounds and use the recevers amps for the presence in front and the recevers amps for the rear back surrounds , two jbl psw-1200 in the front of room for subs . use a new Yamaha RX-A3020 to run it all its deffently an upgrade for me going to take many days for me to figure it out . use jbl- hp520's 4- ways for front and surround's , jbl s-38's for presence and back surround's . it just seemed like i was wasting a channel setten ther idle in that amp .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis