Better systems than BOSE MUSIC WAVE???

O

Oscarilbo

Audiophyte
Hi audioholics, glad to be part of your community...

I bought last november a Bose Wave Music System, which I've been very satisfice with until yesterday. The CD player broke, and although I'm still under guaranty I've learned that this is a common problem with this BOSE model, and I'm afraid it could be broke again after the repair in the near future.

I have no interest in listen on mp3 players, or I pods. I have a huge collections of Cds and I want to USE THEM, I'm still buying them and will be until they stop from being released. So I need a good Cd player...

I was very impressed with the sound of the Bose Wave Music System, It sounds superb for my little dorm room, it fills it completely, that's why I got it, but I never imagined it had such a fabric problem, specially for that amount of money (you can tell I'm so angry right now).

So... I've been reading about how there are mini systems so much better than BOSE, both in sound quality and built in components for the same, or even lesser price. So I was wondering... ¿WICH ONES ARE THEY?? ¿ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Searching in the internet I found the ONKYO CS-345. And for what I've been reading about, it gives the impression that it could be same or better than a Bose Wave Music System in sound quality and mechanisms, and even has a subwoofer pre-out.

What do you think guys??

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
I have a Bose acoustic wave music system mk2 that listen to when working outdoors and when I'm in my swimming pool.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
That's not jut a Bose problem.

Whenever you buy anything with a built-in CD player, you run the risk of the internal mechanicals dying before the electronics.

I bought a Cambridge Sound works Model 88 table radio in 1998. At that time I had the choice of buying one with a built-in CD player and one without and using external CD players.

I chose the latter, and I'm glad I did. I read about internal CD failures all the time, and not just from this unit. I use Walkmans and if they fail, and they will, replacements are dirt cheap, particularly at garage sales and the like.

...or you can buy a "real" component Cd player/changer if you wish.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think the Focal little speakers get my vote.

If I ever have to buy little cute girly speakers, it will be the Focal. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis