I have it narrowed down to
Sonos Connect
Bluesound node2
Auralic Aries Mini
Lumin D1

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Have you looked into the details as to which services and file handling each can do and how you control it? Do you have an NAS server or are you looking simply to access internet based streaming services?

I have no NAS but do have a Tidal Hi-Fi account and 390GB of music stored on my Bluesound Vault (backed up on a USB hard drive) and the app for my tablet runs everything beautifully. Very happy with Bluesound Tech Support too, as I had trouble getting my files onto the device. That was on my end, not their device but they helped me get it working.

B

bsf

Audioholic
95% tidal hi streaming(little iTunes library and pandora) nothing else. Im leaning towards the ARIES mini

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That would be the right one because I don't see Pandora being listed on the Bluesound Node 2. They seem to aim for the higher level quality streaming services.

B

bsf

Audioholic
The blue sound looks good to. I'm not sure which would be better between he node 2 and ARIES

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I was just looking at the Aries Mini and also didn't see Pandora listed. Would that be classified as "internet radio" that each does do? Just my opinion but it seems Bluesound as a company has a very good reputation and if you need any kind of support they are terrific. They also seem to give more details on the DAC and I know it's GOOD.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
The Sonos connect will do what the other ones do for $349. So unless you like the look of the more expensive ones, it seems like a fairly simple choice.

B

bsf

Audioholic
Technically I wouldn't really need a streamer i can just plug my IMAC into my DAC, but id need about 15 foot run USB cable

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I could also run off my PC via wireless. The whole point of me having a streaming device is to shut off the PC so I can just sit and listen.

B

bsf

Audioholic
Is there any difference in sound quality between a PC > DAC vs iPhone (app) > STREAMER(ARIES) > DAC ?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
How much difference you might find may depend upon what speakers, amplifier, and room response you may have.

Alisa

Alisa

Enthusiast
Sonos speakers is a great product I connect them with an app and play all the recorded FLAc wirelessly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis