Best Speaker Brands

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Ah i allmost forgot about good ole ventwood,what a mess,that guy needs to find a girlfriend or even a boyfriend.

S

SamW

Enthusiast
I love my Klipsch

i have not read all the pages but does anybody like klipsch?. just wondering because i'm trying to sell mine. 2 powered towers and 2 rear surrounds.
Yes...I have the Klipsch Quintet III and love them. I've tried other speaker brands and for me the Klipsch have the most bang for the size. I've pushed them to as loud as my ears can stand and the Klipsch have never even begun to distort.

G

gwatkins

Audiophyte
Polk or Pro Solutions In-Ceiling Speakers?

Hello,

I have a Martin Logan sound system for my home theatre - 2 front Vistas, 2 Tickets for in-ceiling rear, a Cinema for a center speaker, and a ML Depth Subwoofer.

I am looking to less expensive in-ceiling stero speakers for other parts of the house.

Would you recommend Polk or Pro Solutions for this?

Thanks!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting here, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because...

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
davemcc. You're doloop is stuck open!
Or your fireball is onfire!

G

Green Apple

Audiophyte
There's such a huge list...

And Bose is not on that list.

I'll give a starter off the top of my head:

Axiom
Onyx
Rocket
RBH
Dynaudio
Vandersteen
Magnepan
Martin Logan
Definitive Technology
B&W
Meridian
Monitor Audio
PSB
Paradigm
Energy
Avant Garde
MBL
Wilson
California Audio Technology
German Physiks
Phase Technology
AVI
Vienna Acoustics
Linn
Krell
Rockport
Focal/JM Lab
Wisdom Audio

Keep in mind that many of these brands are out of the price range of "normal" people. Many of them sell speakers that cost as much as a nice house.

What do you think of JBL's? Do they fit in the list?

X

xrodney

Enthusiast
What do you think of JBL's? Do they fit in the list?
More expensive JBL are good, for example LS 80 sounds very good i would place them somewhere close to B&W 700 line.
As for cheaper models like JBL ES they are not so good compared to others with similar price.

G

Green Apple

Audiophyte
More expensive JBL are good, for example LS 80 sounds very good i would place them somewhere close to B&W 700 line.
As for cheaper models like JBL ES they are not so good compared to others with similar price.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinion. I need to get as much info as I can.:)

G

Green Apple

Audiophyte
I see Paradigm on the list. I went to my nearest Paradigm Dealer and listened to them and I'm liking those speakers. My question is, are the Monitor series any good? I know we all have our own interests as far as speaker brands and sound quality but I would like to hear from any audiophile's opinion regarding the Monitor series. Please help.

T.V.: Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR4
Gaming Console: PS3 80GB (MGS4 Bundle)
Nintendo Wii
Standalone: Sony BDP-S550 (soon to purchase)
A/V Reciever: Denon 3808CI (soon to purchase)

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Have to add Jamo to this enormous list.

Their speakers sound absolutely wonderful (especially the c60 and c80 series) and they are exceptional deals at their prices.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Wow this thread is a freaking train wreck.....I think Borat even has a few posts in here somewhere...."This a number 1 speaker in all of Kazakstan..."

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Wow this thread is a freaking train wreck.....I think Borat even has a few posts in here somewhere...."This a number 1 speaker in all of Kazakstan..."
Very typical of these audio forums.

You'll be hard-pressed to find any thread, on any forum where someone can express their favorite speakers, without an infestation of attacks and insults.

Apparently a lot of people in this hobby are so insecure in their gear choices, that, they have to demand everyone substantiate and validate what essentially is each individual's personal opinion based on personal tastes, personal preferences and personal listening habits.

As if anyone has to validate their choices, in the first place.

It really is a shame.

You can't even have a simple poll for people to list their favorite speakers or gear, or a simple poll for what each individual thinks is the best.

Then you have dealers who run-a-muck in these internet forums, peddling their brand of speakers and gear; who lose their minds if their brands are either not mentioned or if for some reason someone doesn't like the brand they sell.

If you don't like Paradigm or B & W and you express that......it becomes a soap opera of hilarity.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Very typical of these audio forums.

You'll be hard-pressed to find any thread, on any forum where someone can express their favorite speakers, without an infestation of attacks and insults.

Apparently a lot of people in this hobby are so insecure in their gear choices, that, they have to demand everyone substantiate and validate what essentially is each individual's personal opinion based on personal tastes, personal preferences and personal listening habits.

As if anyone has to validate their choices, in the first place.

It really is a shame.

You can't even have a simple poll for people to list their favorite speakers or gear, or a simple poll for what each individual thinks is the best.

Then you have dealers who run-a-muck in these internet forums, peddling their brand of speakers and gear; who lose their minds if their brands are either not mentioned or if for some reason someone doesn't like the brand they sell.

If you don't like Paradigm or B & W and you express that......it becomes a soap opera of hilarity.
Seems that the OP is stuck in what we call a boot loop in my profession, as he just keeps asking the same questions and not actually listening to anyone. :rolleyes:

B

beatboy77

Audiophyte
I think Boston Acoustic is the best value in speakers right now.

~Josh

B

beatboy77

Audiophyte
Def Tech is good too. Especially the BP6B. Very good value.

~Josh

D

Dax Twitch

Audiophyte
Bose is good for one thing... There headphones.. Everything else is a fail... Their Sounddock isnt bad but has many flaws ( i.e cheap contstuction and it vibrates and whirs like hell when its turned up and cant reach high notes or low notes... yea they suck..:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis