Best Speaker Brands

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
rak_32 said:
ok, heres a really crazy idea. so......... what if I replace all my speakers in my home theater with the ATHENA MICRA 6 speakers? (http://cgi.ebay.com/Athena-Technologies-MICRA-6-Satellite-Theater-System_W0QQitemZ9704530771QQihZ008QQcategoryZ32861QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
And then I could return my KLH speakers to costco and sell my BOSE acustimass speakers on ebay and also sell my Klipsch SC.5 center speaker on ebay. I know this is a really crazy idea........... but what do you think about it?
.....full speed ahead, Rak, my man, full speed ahead....you would have matching timbres throughout....take the plunge....

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
rak_32 said:
ok, heres a really crazy idea. so......... what if I replace all my speakers in my home theater with the ATHENA MICRA 6 speakers? (http://cgi.ebay.com/Athena-Technologies-MICRA-6-Satellite-Theater-System_W0QQitemZ9704530771QQihZ008QQcategoryZ32861QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
And then I could return my KLH speakers to costco and sell my BOSE acustimass speakers on ebay and also sell my Klipsch SC.5 center speaker on ebay. I know this is a really crazy idea........... but what do you think about it?
Yeah, get that, then throw that 8" Athena sub in the lake. What year did/will you graduate high school? Lemme guess... 2009. :rolleyes:

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....this is said about the subwoofer in the ebay link....

"RCA and High Level inputs for flexibility with virtually any audio video receiver"

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Yeah, get that, then throw that 8" Athena sub in the lake.

Ehhhh I'm using a similar sub:eek: !!
Hey Rak 32 your killing me. lol. Now go away!Damn he might ask which lake?

Last edited:
R

rak_32

Banned
billy p said:
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Yeah, get that, then throw that 8" Athena sub in the lake.

Ehhhh I'm using a similar sub:eek: !!
Hey Rak 32 your killing me. lol. Now go away!
So do you know if that HTIM is good? I really want to buy it and just get rid of all my orignal speakers. But I dotn know if the sub is connected by speaker wire of the subwoofer jack cord "thingy"

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You're right. Odds are it'll work.

mulester7 said:
.....this is said about the subwoofer in the ebay link....

"RCA and High Level inputs for flexibility with virtually any audio video receiver"
The Athena website does say this if one reads carefully. I looked at the connection diagram on the website and it only showed a line level connection.

Now maybe he'll go away.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Kid, learn to read.

rak_32 said:
So do you know if that HTIM is good? I really want to buy it and just get rid of all my orignal speakers. But I dotn know if the sub is connected by speaker wire of the subwoofer jack cord "thingy"
I certainly hope you can read better than you can spell. If you're gonna try to be "one of the guys", you have to at least try to show a little maturity in how you comminucate and comprehend what's being said.

So far, you're not doing too good in either area.

Now, here's the link to the Athena micra 6 website. Knock yourself out. Everything you need to know is there. It's time to be a big boy and do some reading yourself.

http://www.athenaspeakers.com/micra6SystemSpeakers.htm

R

rak_32

Banned
markw said:
I certainly hope you can read better than you can spell. If you're gonna try to be "one of the guys", you have to at least try to show a little maturity in how you comminucate and comprehend what's being said.

So far, you're not doing too good in either area.

Now, here's the link to the Athena micra 6 website. Knock yourself out. Everything you need to know is there. It's time to be a big boy and do some reading yourself.

http://www.athenaspeakers.com/micra6SystemSpeakers.htm
Ok, I just went to their website and all it told me was how good their speakers were and how great they performed. I did not see a section that told me how thier subwoofers connected to the A/V receiver. Does it connect by speaker wire.......... or does it connect by the standard Subwoofer jack (which my A/V receiver does not have)

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Rak, you've indicated a desire to have the Athena HTIB we've been discussing....we've found it for you for $284....you'll need an entry-level receiver that has an rca sub out on the back....this is probably the best way to connect a 5.1's powered sub from the receiver....order the Athena HTIB before they run out, sell your present stuff, and get an entry-level receiver and you'll be home....the Audioholics review actually said the system is very decent....what receiver are you considering?....we'll find out if it has an rca sub out on the back....

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Learn to read.

rak_32 said:
Ok, I just went to their website and all it told me was how good their speakers were and how great they performed. I did not see a section that told me how thier subwoofers connected to the A/V receiver. Does it connect by speaker wire.......... or does it connect by the standard Subwoofer jack (which my A/V receiver does not have)
It's all there in black and white. I takes a little time and effort but you're a big boy now. You've got to dig a little on your own.

The spoon feeding days are over. You've already gotten all the answers you need on the Micra 6s or have the means available to find them out for yourself.

From now on I'll just be having fun with ya. Actually, we all might.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
......(Rak slowly walks methodically to the end of the diving board and becomes still and focused)....(the crowd grows hushed).....

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
He has been banned. I must say, I'm surprised with the response time of the mods. Don't worry guys, we're safe :rolleyes:

SheepStar

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
rak_32 said:
what is so bad about the Athena Sub? I read the reviews for it here (http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/loudspeakers/AthenaTechnologiesMicra6p1.html)
they said the subwoofer was quite good. also, does this subwoofer connect by speaker wire?
Rak,

I know you're still reading this, and figuring out a way to log in under a different name. Hmmm, what name shall I pick? Uh, how about Kar. :cool:

If you read the article, and finished it, and know what it means to read between the lines...
...somewhat lacking for movie sound tracks that have a great deal of low frequency bass. Again, this was no surprise when considering the physical size of the cabinets. Besides, most people looking for a home-theater-in-a-box would not necessarily expect to break glass with their subwoofer.
Billy P,

No pun intended - it's a HTIM... I mean HTIB killer with the proper set up and right sized room. Corner load that sub, and I'm sure it'll put out some bass. My little Labtec 5" PC sub is corner loaded, and it'll fill a room with 40Hz bass. Athena went a little overboard with it's frequency rating, but I'm sure it sounds great for its size and price.

Kar (I mean Rak), go get your Athena setup with the 815 Pioneer receiver, then log in as Kar and let us know what you think.

PS, I know you're 15. You should have just admitted it and would not have been banned.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Rak, email me if you need more help, I will be glad to try....mulester7@hotmail.com.....

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....Rak, email me if you need more help, I will be glad to try....mulester7@hotmail.com.....
Hey mullie, you have MSN?

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....MSN?.....does it begin with red splotches?.....
Err, no. It's a program you use to talk to people over the internet. It uses hotmail email accounts mainly so I thought you had it. You should totally get it. Talking to you in real time would own... esp. if I was high.... :rolleyes:

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis