Best sounding $500 integrated amp?

P

Pounce

Enthusiast
I would like your opinion on the best sounding $500 2 channel integrated amp? It will be driving a pair of PSB Alpha B1 and a Velodyne sub. I listen to mostly Rock and Roll. Thanks

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
What size room and how far are you sitting from them? What sub do you have Velodyne ranges from $300 to $6000 some have high pass outs and will handle your crossing?

You probably don't have to spend $500,
I like the Topping TP60 it sounds great, I have had one for a while and have used it a lot and it has stood up great to loud playback for long periods of time... Very clean sounding amp..
The apa150 also works well, its class ab, and a work horse for sure..

But with them you will have to do something for bass management, I like FMods, and I know a few "others don't" but they do the job and don't add or take away anything (except what they are supposed to)...
these have sub outs
ONKYO A-9050 Integrated Stereo Amplifier | Accessories4less
YAMAHA A-S300 Integrated Stereo Amplifier | Accessories4less
YAMAHA A-S500 Integrated Stereo Amplifier | Accessories4less

Another option and sometimes a very good one is a real receiver {not an avr "others" also think avrs sound as good as something more direct by pushing the "direct" button, but IMO it doesn't...

YAMAHA R-S700 Natural Sound Stereo Receiver | Accessories4less
Marantz SR4023 80w X 2ch Ci Friendly Stereo Receiver | Accessories4less
DENON DRA-697CI AM/FM Multi-Source/Zone Stereo AV Receiver | Accessories4less

If you need bass management, I think I would go with the A-s500 {if you can stretch the budget the A-700 is nice I own one and it sounds good}, if you don't mind using an fmod or an external digital cross over to cross the bass form your books, then I would go with the topping tp60... its a toss up... if you do stretch the budget to the a s700 you are in the same neighborhood as getting a USP1 and a UPA200 amplifier? hard decisions..

The firs thing to consider is bass management

Last edited:
S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
Marantz and NAD both make options(at least on sale pricing, check Spearitsound.com, Audioadvisor), but I don't think either has bass management at that price range.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
good choice, very nice unit, let us know what you think of it...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Find a used Yamaha RX-Z9 and don't look back
For the $500? Heck yeah. :)

But I agree completely with your POV.

I would definitely get an AVR instead of an integrated amp. For one thing, in 2Ch modes, most $500 AVRs will output a lot more power than $500 Integrated amps. Other reasons include HDMI inputs and audio streaming features. And most importantly a $500 AVR will sound every bit as good as a $500 integrated amp in Direct Mode.

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
Straight Amp Emotiva Totally!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
why we even discussing this anymore? OP had already purchased a Denon

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com