best receiver or amps for my speakers

J

jrcrunch

Enthusiast
hi,

my family is just building my new home theater. im looking out the best compatible but reasonable amps or receivers for my speakers. our planned room setup is to have 7.1.4 dolby atmos

here are our speakers

here are my speakers
focal Aria 926 floor standing
focal Aria cc900 center speakers
focal chorus sr700 in wall speakers
focal custom ic108 -- in ceiling speakers for atmos
JL audio e112 -subwoofer

im still a newbie for this. thank you!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
hi,

my family is just building my new home theater. im looking out the best compatible but reasonable amps or receivers for my speakers. our planned room setup is to have 7.1.4 dolby atmos

here are our speakers

here are my speakers
JL audio e112 -subwoofer

im still a newbie for this. thank you!
Nice speakers! Depending on your room size, sitting position distance from speakers, how loud you listen et., at the minimum you probably need a Denon AVR-X4200W (4100 if you don't need 4K end to end connection), Marantz SR-7010 (or 7009 if no 4K end to end required), Yamaha RX-A2050 plus a 2 channel power amp for the 926 (that's the "depending part").

J

jrcrunch

Enthusiast
2.46 to 13.45x 20.66x8.5 in feet. there will be 2 rows in my home theater

Denon AVRX4200W and Yamaha RX-A2050 is only up to 7.1.2 i think
Marantz SR-7010 not familiar

hopefully can support hdcp 2.2 and dtx x upgrade

Attachments

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Denon AVRX4200W and Yamaha RX-A2050 is only up to 7.1.2 i think
Marantz SR-7010 not familiar

True, but it does have 9 channel processing and 13.2 pre-outs you can do Atmos, DTS:X and DTS-Neutral:X by adding a two channel amp.
hopefully can support hdcp 2.2 and dtx x upgrade
It comes with HDCP 2.2 support already but DTS:X will be an update (FW) according to Denon website.

J

jrcrunch

Enthusiast
It comes with HDCP 2.2 support already but DTS:X will be an update (FW) according to Denon website.
wow that is great. but this is only 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 not 7.1.4

maybe this?
avrx6200w

i checked the denon website

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
wow that is great. but this is only 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 not 7.1.4

maybe this?
avrx6200w

i checked the denon website
Yes, that one is an upgrade for sure if you need the extra channels. There is a stiff price jump for the incremental gain such as better amp section design that most likely won't translate into audible improvements. For people, like me, who don't focus on the practical side of things, it is the one to get.

J

jrcrunch

Enthusiast
here are my 3 candidates.
Denon AVRX6200W
Yamaha RX-A3050
Pioneer SC-97

so which is the best for my speakers?

my speakers and sub
JL audio e112 -subwoofer

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Any of them, though if it were me I'd go with the Denon because it's got the Audyssey Multi XT32, if I recall correctly.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
here are my 3 candidates.
Denon AVRX6200W
Yamaha RX-A3050
Pioneer SC-97

so which is the best for my speakers?

my speakers and sub
JL audio e112 -subwoofer
As Ken said, the Denon has Audyssey Platinum and that will save you time trying to dial in the highly adjustable JL Audio sub and I think in most cases Audyssey Platinum can do a better job than doing it manually.

If it isn't for that, the Yamaha would have been my pick, though I can live with the Pioneer as well.

J

jrcrunch

Enthusiast
thanks for the suggestion. so audyssey seems really that important?

what if i include the marantz SR7010 here? still denon and yamaha?

Audyssey, Ypao, or Mcacc??? what's the difference? since they all auto calibrate right?

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
thanks for the suggestion. so audyssey seems really that important?

what if i include the marantz SR7010 here? still denon and yamaha?

Audyssey, Ypao, or Mcacc??? what's the difference? since they all auto calibrate right?
It is, in the sense that low frequencies are influenced by the room a lot. So in order for bass to be reproduced accurately at your primary listening positions you will likely have to do a lot of manual adjustments and/or crawl your sub(s) to get optimum performance.

The 3 EQ systems you listed all do auto EQ but they do it differently and will likely yield different results. I have only used Audyssey and I found their newer version, the XT32 with Sub EQ HT capable of doing a very good job in my room, noticeably better than the lower XT version without Sub EQ HT. Some people who tried both Dirac and XT32/Sub EQ HT reported (on forums) that while Audyssey worked well, Dirac was much better. Are they important or not, only you can know. I think it is important because I am for accuracy, not what I like or not like. My goal is for HT to sound like what I hear in cinema and for music to sound like what I hear in concert halls and if Audyssey can help me in that sense, then it is important to me but that's just me.

The SR7010 is very comparable to the X6200W, the feature set is slightly different and their power output ratings are marginally different. If either's feature set meet you need, you can just go for the look and prices you prefer.

Last edited:
J

jrcrunch

Enthusiast
hmm just saw some good deals online for this
Denon AVR-X7200WA IN-Command

anybody tried buying from ebay? ebay sellers like echo-and-optics and innovee.tech
and online store accessories4less. they are selling it for around $2.2k which is good deal from SRP (X6200 for $1.6k)

is the X7200WA an overkill for my speakers and sub? can i do 9.2.4 with it or just 7.1.4?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I've bought numerous things on Ebay and from accessories4less with great success.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Is loosing Denon's 3 year warranty by buying from un-authorized seller on ebay is worth it to you?

btw: Amazon is Denon authorized and well as item marked as "used" - could be just returns - are also eligible for 3 year warranty

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I've bought numerous things on Ebay and from accessories4less with great success.
ac4l is good source according to many happy purchasers, but keep in mind that refubs only eligible for 1 year warranty. Sometimes amazon "used" sold by Amazon warehouse is better deal on.

I personally care more about new Audyssey features like Sub EQ HT and Dynamic EQ rather than Atmos/DTS-X etc...

I would invest in more sub(s) before going with additional channels

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
hmm just saw some good deals online for this
Denon AVR-X7200WA IN-Command

anybody tried buying from ebay? ebay sellers like echo-and-optics and innovee.tech
and online store accessories4less. they are selling it for around $2.2k which is good deal from SRP (X6200 for $1.6k)

is the X7200WA an overkill for my speakers and sub? can i do 9.2.4 with it or just 7.1.4?
It appears the AVR-X7200WA receiver has 9 channels amplified and 13 channels of "pre-out". If that's the case, without an additional external amp you can run 7.2.2 (2 Atmos speakers) or 5.2.4 (four Atmos speakers.) If you add a 2-channel amp for mains, that means you could get 7.2.4, or add a 4-channel amp to get 9.2.4.

I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong. Again. ;)

J

jrcrunch

Enthusiast
have you bought anything from these ebay sellers? they claim that their items are brand new and sealed. their feedback is also good. both over 3000++ transactions and 100% 99% rating
echo-and-optics and innovee.tech

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Since I don't have a paypal account, I buy on amazon but I would say you are in good hands with either one of them. I don't know how the warranty thing works but I would suggest that either or both of them could be authorized dealers. You could ask.

J

jrcrunch

Enthusiast
how's the build quality of denon vs marantz, pioneer and yamaha?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis