Best noise cancelling over ear Bluetooth cans for $300

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
love to hear your opinions. I fly a lot for work and am looking for something better than my Klipsch buds for long flights. Would love it if they were able to function wired or Bluetooth depending on my needs. Thanks in advance!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I bought the PSB and had line noise that was probably a defect.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Thanks fellas. A coworker has the Bose cans and they are indeed $300. The noise cancellation works very well on them but I'm not thrilled with the music quality. I do love that you can turn the noise cancel on and off but they are also hard wired only

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks fellas. A coworker has the Bose cans and they are indeed $300. The noise cancellation works very well on them but I'm not thrilled with the music quality. I do love that you can turn the noise cancel on and off but they are also hard wired only
Try the Sennheiser line. Either the Momemtum wireless or the Travel Headphones (MM500 or something like that).

CSnyder

CSnyder

Audiophyte
Being somewhat a tightwad and a researcher, I began my search for a new set of cans by scouring the internet for prices and reading “professional” reviews of the various products. I decided on several models but didn’t want to buy until I was able to try them out. After fairly extensive research I decided to try-out the following headphones : AKG K 490 NC ($214); Bose QuietComfort 15 ($299); Polk UltraFocus 8000 NC ($299); and Audio Technica ATH-ANC7b QuietPoint ($179). I added the following headphones after finding them on sale at my local retailers: Sennheiser PXC 450 ($100 off retail at $249) and Denon AH-NCW500BK Globe Cruiser ($300 off retail at $199). If you notice a set of Sony headphones was not on my radar. I decided to add the Sony MDR 10RNC ($49 off at $199) only after strong encouragement from a knowledgeable sales associate at a local retailer.

Homer Bluth

Homer Bluth

Audiophyte
Personally, I think the AKG K845BT's are the jam! They don't have active noise-cancellation, but they are closed back and thick (and constructed out of metal), so the sound leak on them is limited and the amount of outside noise you pick up is also minimum. (Plus, active noise cancellation makes me feel like I'm listening to music in a black hole, and I don't think I like it).

Hope this helps,
Homer

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Personally, I think the AKG K845BT's are the jam! They don't have active noise-cancellation, but they are closed back and thick (and constructed out of metal), so the sound leak on them is limited and the amount of outside noise you pick up is also minimum. (Plus, active noise cancellation makes me feel like I'm listening to music in a black hole, and I don't think I like it).

Hope this helps,
Homer
+1

AKG K845BT are a great headphone!

Only a couple items to nitpick--no forward/back controls on the headset, and they are a bit heavy and don't stay on my head very well if I am being very active while wearing them.

Sound Quality is top notch!

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Cleer NC may be another contender (they are on my future purchase radar).
- Short course from various reviews: SQ better than Bose, NC worse than Bose, do not have BT AFAIK, retail at ~$300 US.
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I know it's a bit old thread but I'd like to add one more option:
http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Wireless-Canceling-Headphones/dp/B00MBWIL0G?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ3NOW7JKGQLTEY4A&tag=cnet-api-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00MBWIL0G

I did not had a chance to listen to them, but based on my 3 months experience with a similar product :
http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Voyager-Binaural-Wireless-202652-02/dp/B013F4LLZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457975288&sr=8-1&keywords=Plantronics+Voyager+Focus+UC
I expect great things. Good ANC, sound quality, range, battery life and comfort. Did I mentioned they are under the budget? :)

stuartplab

stuartplab

Audiophyte

Hope this helps,
Homer
I agree with you on your opinion of AKG K845BT headphones. They are best. I have bought couple of headphones for my friends. I love them. <3

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think today Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 would be best option.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I think today Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 would be best option.
I have these as my travel option, even posted a review on somewhere here, They are my goto cans for flights as I fly 1-2 times a month. As long as your wife doesn't have a deep manly voice, it will block out her as well....JK :p

macey

macey

Enthusiast
I have a pair of Bose SoundTrue AE and they do an amazing job of blocking out the noise, I can walk right by the road and can barely hear the traffic when listening to music

d_spaniard

d_spaniard

Enthusiast
I also fly a lot for work but found the Bose QC gave me a headache and created too much pressure.

Sennheiser Momentum are what I use and I absolutely love them!

However if you are looking for more comfort and lighter then I recently purchased the Sony WH-1000XM3 for my wife which seem to do a good job.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Just bought Marshal III recently and was impessed by the sound especially how much bass these have. Please check it out. Chose them over the above mentioned headphones I auditioned at the same time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis