Best new entry level 5 channel receiver under 350$

P

panosrapt

Audiophyte
Hello guys,
so i am looking for a brand new 5-channel receiver to replace my old one.My price range is about 350$.
From what i have read Yamaha makes some pretty good ones.
If i have to choose between RX-V379 VS RX-V479 VS RX-V481 what do you recommend me ?
Also which are the differences between them and do they worth the extra money?
If you know any other good receiver at the same price range feel free to drop a link.
Thanks in advance.

panosrapt is online now Report Post

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hello guys,
so i am looking for a brand new 5-channel receiver to replace my old one.My price range is about 350$.
From what i have read Yamaha makes some pretty good ones.
If i have to choose between RX-V379 VS RX-V479 VS RX-V481 what do you recommend me ?
Also which are the differences between them and do they worth the extra money?
If you know any other good receiver at the same price range feel free to drop a link.
Thanks in advance.

panosrapt is online now Report Post
If it were me, I would opt for something like this:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa550bl/yamaha-rx-a550-5.1-ch-x-80-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

or even this:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marnr1506/marantz-nr1506-slimline-5.2-ch-x-50-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

Both are HDCP2.2 compliant which is a big plus inmho. Of the two, I prefer Audyssey to YPAO. As such, the Marantz would win out. But, either of these two would do a great job for you. Good luck with your choice! Hope this helped some.

Cheers,

Phil

P

panosrapt

Audiophyte
If it were me, I would opt for something like this:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa550bl/yamaha-rx-a550-5.1-ch-x-80-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

or even this:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marnr1506/marantz-nr1506-slimline-5.2-ch-x-50-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

Both are HDCP2.2 compliant which is a big plus inmho. Of the two, I prefer Audyssey to YPAO. As such, the Marantz would win out. But, either of these two would do a great job for you. Good luck with your choice! Hope this helped some.

Cheers,

Phil
Hello Phil and thanks for the reply.
I live in Greece and we have capital controls here so i cant buy from another country.The Yamaha av you opted out costs 250€ more and i cant afford it.
After some research i did,i found out the the RX-V479 is more or less the same with the RX-V481 but an oldest model.
Their extra feature from the RX-V379 and the RX-V381 is the WiFi Ready.Does this feature worth the 60€ more and how exactly can i use it?
Thanks for your time.
Panos

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Is it monoprice or Pioneer who headlined that page with '700W'. Either way, jerks.
That spec is probably a Peak(Max) power rating and NOT RMS (Minimum) power rating. Chances are, the 700 Watt rating is also done say at 1K as opposed from 20-20K as well. When it comes to AVR's, it is always best to focus on the "Feature " set. If real power is needed, then perhaps separates albeit a pre/pro and outboard amplifier would be the best way to go.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hello Phil and thanks for the reply.
I live in Greece and we have capital controls here so i cant buy from another country.The Yamaha av you opted out costs 250€ more and i cant afford it.
After some research i did,i found out the the RX-V479 is more or less the same with the RX-V481 but an oldest model.
Their extra feature from the RX-V379 and the RX-V381 is the WiFi Ready.Does this feature worth the 60€ more and how exactly can i use it?
Thanks for your time.
Panos
To me the WiFi feature would be worth the money. However, only you can answer that question. WiFi means that you can connect the Yammie to your internet wirelessly or w/a direct ethernet connection. Yamaha makes very solid AVR's. Personally, I prefer Marantz and/or Denon myself. So, just focus on the feature set and go with whatever AVR that meets your needs. If it has extra features, then that is merely a plus in my book. Good luck!

Cheers,

Phil

P

panosrapt

Audiophyte
To me the WiFi feature would be worth the money. However, only you can answer that question. WiFi means that you can connect the Yammie to your internet wirelessly or w/a direct ethernet connection. Yamaha makes very solid AVR's. Personally, I prefer Marantz and/or Denon myself. So, just focus on the feature set and go with whatever AVR that meets your needs. If it has extra features, then that is merely a plus in my book. Good luck!

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks a lot Phil fir your time.
I think i will stick to the Yamaha RX-V481 as its features are what i am looking for.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks a lot Phil fir your time.
I think i will stick to the Yamaha RX-V481 as its features are what i am looking for.
Sounds like a good plan. It is good that you are covering ALL of your bases. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis