B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
While I have been patiently waiting for a new great display over 70" it seems as this may be a while to appear. I currently have an ailing Sony 70"xbr and want to make a change. Didn't want to go down in size, but it seems that the best sets are the Panasonic and Samsung 65" Plasmas. And they are really good but not quite the size I was hoping for. Any sets on the immediate horizon , or is it time to snap one up before they're gone an d wait for the next generation?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
84" (diag) XBR 4K Ultra HD LED TV - XBR84X900 Review | Sony Store U.S. - Sony US

That's if you have a spare 24k around and don't want to buy a 4k Projector :)

I am actually going to be purchasing this, because it comes with Free Sony Media Hub with 4k Content. This TV will be HDMI 2.0 Compliant

65" Class (64.5" diag) XBR 4K Ultra HD TV - XBR65X900A Review | Sony Store U.S - Sony US

The reason I am going with this model vs. the non big speaker model is that it is the same cost if you get the media hub so might as well get the extra speakers

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There is no question that plasma has an edge over LCD, but the new 75" Samsung LED/LCDs seem to look really good and are definitely a step up from the Sharp displays IMO.

I was pretty impressed with the Vizio 70" as well, but didn't spend enough time looking at it to compare to the Samsung.

This article touches on some of the models...
70, 75 inch LED TV, HDTV; Best Recommended 70-75 inch TVs 2013

We really need a serious 70"+ shootout of displays.

B

BMW

Junior Audioholic
Definitely don't want to spend 24k on a TV. Insane. It's sad that anything over 65' has such crazy pricing. A salesman at BB told me that there were not bigger plasma displays because of energy consumption. I looked up on the wall and observed a 65" Samsung and Panasonic VT plasma next to a Samsung 8000 LCD. While none were calibrated, the #1 difference was off axis viewing. The Plasmas have 0 problem with that. Still on the hunt.

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
It's not 70" but I just purchased the Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 and it's without a doubt the best picture I have ever seen.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis