Best low profile center channel speaker?

D

djc6535

Audiophyte
I'm looking to upgrade my home theater. New larger TV, media center, etc. With less real estate for a full sized center channel I'd like to move to one that's lower profile but I'd hate to lose sound quality.

To that end, what are some of the better low profile center channels out there?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Without an actual dimension, it will be kind of tough to provide realistic suggestions. My suggestion is don't put the center inside.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Also, what front channel speakers are you using?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Just forgo the center speaker altogether. Having a mismatched speaker or improperly placed one will only serve to degrade the sound.

D

djc6535

Audiophyte
I suppose I wasn't clear enough. I will be matching whatever center I buy with appropriate front channel speakers. Also I'm referring to wall real estate.

Given that, what are your favorite center channels that you consider diminutive?

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I use a pair of these ST-6K for my rear surrounds. They can be used any way you want them, front mains, center, sides or rears. I know it says 150 watts max, but I give them 350 watts (8 ohms) and they take it, no problem.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The Martin Logan Motion 8 is a skinny center. No idea what it sounds like.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Room size, budget, speaker sound preferences? Is the wife the final arbitrator of all things going into the room? So many questions, so little forthcoming answers. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis