Best Internet Radio stations

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My new AV7005 accesses internet radio stations and I was looking for some members to tell me their favorite stations. I've been digging around a bit and have found some decent ones but I'm always open to finding new ones.

I'm more interested in the high quality stations (128) but I will try others as well. This is mainly for backgound music in my house.

Mainly looking for:

Jam music (phish, dead, etc.)
Jazz (both classic and new age)
Blue Grass
Classical
Classic Rock

Thanks.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
last.fm - free and pretty good.
premium pandora is better - I personally cant stand audio ads on free pandora

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I'm using Pandora too.:) I'm not sure what the deal is with Pandora on this thing. They have a special page to authorize my Marantz and so far I have not heard any ad's. I only listened for about an hour so they may have just not came on yet.

I did see last fm in the list. Do they offer several stations depending on what type of music?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm using Pandora too.:) I'm not sure what the deal is with Pandora on this thing. They have a special page to authorize my Marantz and so far I have not heard any ad's. I only listened for about an hour so they may have just not came on yet.

I did see last fm in the list. Do they offer several stations depending on what type of music?
Both Pandora and Lasm.fm don't have fixed stations.
You are the one who created the station based on your choice of genre/similar artist or just music style. Then you cherry pick the ones you love and ban ones you don't. As result - the best radio station is the one created by you :cool:

As I said earlier - I like pandora a bit more due to better selection algorithm, but last.fm is ok too as long as your very specific in your music selections

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis