Best in ceiling speakers for under $1K?

M

MovingForward

Audioholic Intern
Looking from 5 in ceiling speakers for under $1K. Room is about 13x12x9...What would you guys recommend?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I personally like Axiom's in-wall line, but I don't think they offer a round in-ceiling option.Aperion, Emotiva, and NHT all have some nice in-ceiling speakers.

J

jimbobby

Enthusiast
I bought some aperions

I bought the Aperions after listening to some B&Ws and some Paradigms. I didn't think the more expensive B&Ws or Paradigms sounded that much better.

The Aperions are only $150 each. I bought 3 front in-wall and 2 in-ceiling for $750. Check on their A-stock or B-stock also—sonically perfect speakers that have been returned or that have a blemish. You can get an additional discount if you're lucky.

Of course, I had the benefit of being able to listen to the Aperion's in a showroom. I brought in my own CDs and had about 20–30 minutes of very enjoyable listening time.

P

popotoys

Audioholic
I'm thinking of these as well. What else do I need if they are going in a ceiling that has blown insulation on top of it? Should I just build a box to fit over them? What size?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis