Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I've got an idea, it may sound crazy at first, but work it over for while and you'll come around. What I propose is a series of articles written by someone with very limited technical ability in the electronics field. Someone who doesn't know his Ohms from a hole in the ground. Not only that, but since they don't have any reference level audio equipment, the staff at audioholics can loan them some of the gear they get for testing. Now while this dramatically under qualified individual fumbles through the set up and equipment hassles that several thousand dollars worth of gear entail they can write articles for you. Titles could be along the lines of "How come no noise comes out of the speaker boxes when I turn the volume knob thingy all the way to the right?, Why do my ears ring for hours after I turn the volume knob thingy all the way to the right?, What was that POP?, How much smoke is good smoke?," or even, "How come speakers that cost so much money break after only three days of having the volume knob thingy turned all the way to the right? Oh well, glad they're not mine." My favorite title is this one, "Outdoor cooking with receivers, what to do with that excess heat." Now to top it off spelling and grammar must be atrocious, the kind your three year old can sit there and correct you on.

Oh I know what you're thinking. You're wondering, "Where are we to find such a man among men/woman among women?'" Well I know the search will be a hard one, but heck, I can't think of a better way to invest a couple of hundred man hours. I've even got an idea for the title of the new forum, "Take it easy on my system" or maybe "Takereasy on my system". I will be at home by the phone waiting to entertain offers.

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
What did the five fingers say to the face?

I'm counting on you? :confused: :confused: :confused:

-GeorgeM

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
The five fingers say-Slap! :D

Last edited:
Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Oh Zumbo is quite correct the five fingers did indeed say, "Slap" to the face. It's really quite a delightful little prank pulled on Charlie murphy by Rick James. Heres a Link Rick James Video , just click on the top right video clip, the one labeled "MORE of Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories".

(I will never get tired of posting this link, I think that everyone who sees it comes away a little richer inside)

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Takeereasy said:
I've got an idea, it may sound crazy at first, but work it over for while and you'll come around. What I propose is a series of articles written by someone with very limited technical ability in the electronics field. Someone who doesn't know his Ohms from a hole in the ground. Not only that, but since they don't have any reference level audio equipment, .......

Oh I know what you're thinking. You're wondering, "Where are we to find such a man among men/woman among women?'" Well I know the search will be a hard one, but heck, I can't think of a better way to invest a couple of hundred man hours. I've even got an idea for the title of the new forum, "Take it easy on my system" or maybe "Takereasy on my system". I will be at home by the phone waiting to entertain offers.
I nominate Jon Risch. :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis