Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have both DVDs, both studio CDs, all the solo CDs, Haley's solo DVD, and have seen them live.
You might say I am a fanatic.:)
Since you seem to be an expert on them, what audio CD is that first DVD from? Or is it a compilation of stuff? Also, how well are their CD's engineered?

Soundman

Soundman

Since you seem to be an expert on them, what audio CD is that first DVD from? Or is it a compilation of stuff? Also, how well are their CD's engineered?
I think maybe my post wasn’t very clear. It was in reference to what Jeffsg4mac had mentioned,
That first Celtic woman DVD is awesome, reference quality for sure and hands down the best Dolby Digital recording I have heard to date. The one who does the solo by the piano has an amazing voice. Has anyone seen the second concert yet?

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I'm gonna go with fran drescher for 500 Bob.....

No but in all honesty....I would have to go with Katharine McPhee.

Soundman

Soundman

Hey all, don't mean to be a pest, but still haven't gotten a response. Check out post 259 and 260. Maybe I should just start a new thread? :eek:

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I scrolled back a few pages of this thread just to ensure it wasn't mentioned.

However, as far as modern day is concerned, I tend to like Holly Cole.
Her Temptation album features all covers of Tom Waits songs. Her other albums are great, too. Quite talented.

Of course, I like the others too - Norah Jones, Diana Krall, etc.

G

gosties

Audiophyte
Colbie Caillait
Sarah Mclachlan
Amy Lee (Evanecence)
Shirley Manson (Garbage) (Milk, Vow,Stupid Girl, Queer, You Look So Fine)
Sharlene Spiteri (Texas) (Halo, Put Your Arms Around Me, I Don't Want A Lover)
Sheryl Crow
Karen Carpenter
Tori Amos
Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries) ( Dreams, Dreaming My Dreams)
Jewel Kilcher
Michelle Branch & The Wreckers
KT Tunstall
Amy McDonald

At the moment love Lissie Maurus sounds very like Stevie Nicks.

Last edited:
tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
jzac asked a great question with the male voices! What about the women? Much larger pool to choose from...
IMO Annie Lennox has a great voice,

I also like Melody Gardot,

& Sade

I am a huge fan of female vocalists and there are really too many to list.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
for past voices

Linda Ronstadt,

&

Patsy Cline.

just to name a couple

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
Maybe it's time for a lift.
Norwegian Sissel Kyrkjebø or just Sissel.
She has performed on opera stages around the world with many of the big names but she also sing "normal" stuff in both english and norwegian.

For example.
"Wait a while" by and with Jon Lord on the piano.

She is also the opera singer in "Prince Igor" by Warren G

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I have heard a lot of women sing in person and while I am sure there are better out there but the best I ever heard in person was christina, gave me chills, the girl has some pipes, while I am not a fan of her music or even her in general, the voice and delivery doesn't leave much room for improvement and I have heard Whitney in person, although NOT in her prime, it was after Bobby, lol...

Now for recorded music {western music} I say Aretha had something special as did Ruth Brown and Etta Jones, obviously pioneers and worth mention, before throat massages, and full time professional vocal trainers...

Janis Joplin is one of my favorite female vocalists of all time, Amber Rubarth is my favorite current favorite...

cool vid of when CA was 8 lol...

I think there is more to a womans voice than what most people look for, its something that comes with life and has less to do with talent and skill than you would think, hard to put into words, but I like real women, janis is one of the most known female singers of all time and some people will say she sounds terrible and gritty, but thats what makes her perfect...
Amber Rubarth brings something different to the table.. I wanna hear her giggle a little when she gets to a certain part of the song because she remembers a funny story about when she wrote that lyric, or take a breath in a certain spot that a vocal coach wouldn't recommend because the true part of the song hurts a little... THAT IS MUSIC...

my favorite female written and performed song..

Anyway, this is an OLD thread, I read through it and it seems to come back every once and a while, lol...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
carla bozulich-ethyl meatplow, geraldine fibbers
liz phair-older pre poppy stuff
hope sandoval-mazzy star
margo timmins-cowboy junkies
jewel
lacey from flyleaf
beth gibbons-portishead
I always liked Hope Sandoval’s voice too. Those 1990s Mazzy Star albums are great.

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
This lady.. Angelic. There are a few others that really stand out, I'd say 50% of my collection, maybe 60% are femme vocals.

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis