Best cheap recliner that gets good reviews?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Not that cheap but I just got a HomeStretch recliner a few months ago that's absolutely glorious. It cost me about $550 with free in-home delivery and assembly from a local furniture store.

This chair has rendered me unconscious so many times.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
If you're using surround sound, it is ill advised to get a chair with a high back that limits the rear speakers from reaching the ears with direct on axis sound. If all you are hearing is reflected sound from the walls, you are not getting the experience you paid for.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Oh, I guarantee I'm getting the experience I paid for. :) That recliner isn't in my home theater though.

For home theater seating, I strongly suggest giving Roman from http://www.rtheaters.com/ a call. I ordered my home theater seats from him and couldn't have been more pleased with the service and advice. If he's not able to offer anything in your price range, at least you'll be no worse off than you are now.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Can we quantify the title by user weight :D I've been over spending for years on comfort. I'm down to 205 with multiple stenosis. Neck is all titanium. Haven't found one seating piece that lasts and I've spent a lot. So I'll add to the OP , anyone that with good experience I'd gratefully appreciate it.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I got ya by 30 lbs and I own two recliners a lazy boy and an ekornes, both of which have been flawless

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
My Berkline home theater seats started showing a loss of support after a year. I probably noticed it more because two of my home theater seats are mostly unused, but the cushions in the inner chairs certainly started to feel less supportive than those of the outer chairs. That's not to say they aren't still comfortable, though. After 7 years of nearly daily use and abuse, my assigned seat is still capable of rendering me unconscious. FWIW, I'm 6'2", ~250 lbs.

When the HomeStretch chair above starts to wear out, I'm sure I'll be less likely to notice, since I only have one of those.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
well im looking for something $200 or under. doesnt need to recline, just good quality and comfortable. not interested in leather actually, leather gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
@bradymartin You're probably going to have to make some compromises within that price range. Have you checked your local Craigslist? Do you have a local furniture store with a bargain basement where closeouts and mismatched separates are sold? How about Big Lots?

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I bought one of the Golden Technologies lift recliners with a 400 pound weight limit. I got tired of playing chair mechanic and fixing broken parts caused by bad design, and the nickel and dimeing of stuff that is critical to it staying together. My last chair lasted 10 years, but had been fixed at least a dozen times, with problems ranging from broken bolts to wooden parts like the bottom back that was made from a curved piece of plywood that my dog cracked when he had the "zoomies" and hit it when he bounced/ricocheted off it. He only weighed 55 pounds (See Avatar on left). After about 3 fixes, or attempts to fix it, I finally made an oak substitute that a friend and I bent using a clamp setup. That solved the back issue, but the base started to go and when I decided to move, I trashed the old chair, which was past due gone, and went and bought the new one. I got a "demo" a day old, for 33% off the usual price.

I don't use the lift at all. A friend got one when he inherited his dad's when he died, and it's held up better than anything else he's had over the years, including one really ridiculously expensive chair that broke the first time almost the day the warranty was up. We've fixed that chair over a dozen times in the last 15 years, and hardly any wood in it is original. His lift chair has gone 7 without a hitch.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis