Best Cheap HDMI2 AVR With Pre Outs

S

sebi

Audiophyte
Hello.
I currently Own a RX-V3800 and i'm quite happy with it.
I feed it with HDMI for movies and Hiface2 for Music.
The Pre Out For front is sent to a Stereo Yam P2200.

I would like to upgrade To HDMI2 and if possible have a better internal DAC (ESS?)

I was thinking about the RX-A1030 but maybe there are better options.
I'd like to buy it used and i'm open to any brands (Denon/Onkyo/Pioneer/Cambridge...)
As I have my p2200 i don't care about power and don't care about atmos too :)

Thanks for Input !

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Not sure why you’re posting this - I’m confident that you can dig around on manufacturer’s web sites just as easily as we can.

If you’re happy with the Yamaha, then go on their website to see which models newer than the 3800 have HDMI 2 and RCA outputs, then go look for one of them used. Yamaha’s website carries info on both current and past models (as do most other manufacturers) so it should be pretty easy.

For a prospective used Yamaha model, find out what its list price was, and that would be a starting point for past models from other manufacturers. I doubt there’s much difference between one DAC and the next, except perhaps for those in the cheapest and most expensive models.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

S

sebi

Audiophyte
Thanks for your answer.
Yes my question was about integrated Dac and preamp quality.
I see on reviews there are testing on this but as it's not a test done in all reviews i have no reference.
This is why i went there to gather opinions on this.
The most subjective ones are welcome!

T

Thiel6730

Audioholic Intern
I recently replaced a 20 year old Sony and required pre-outs I also wanted the ability to play music from my phone without going through the iPhone's headphone jack.

I settled on the Yamaha a840 simply because I found it cheaper than the equiv Marantz or Denon online.

I believe it sounds better than my Sony but who knows. I've certainly conducted zero blind listening tests. The biggest difference I've every noticed with my system has been replacing speakers and subwoofer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis