Best Canadian Sellers Compilation

O

OdinGOW

Audioholic Intern
Hi, I'm looking for people to help me figure out all the best places to buy speakers that Canadians can get without being charged duty or any other fee etc.

American companies that can sell to canada without said fees are perectly fine and encouraged. As well, online only stores are also encouraged.

So far....

Futureshop.ca - Retailer, free shipping
Bestbuy.ca - Retailer
2001audiovideo.com - price beat guarantee, free shipping
Visions.ca -
Fluance.com - Bradnd Manufacturer, Free shipping
PSBspeakers.com - Brand Manufacturer
Pashop.com
Axiomaudio.com
Canuckaudiomart.com - Buy/Sell
Newegg.ca - Online
Crutch field.ca - Online

I will update this thread as post come in or i find others myself. I will also be adding short summaries of what each retailer/site offers

Feel free to leave comments and reviews of each site or store you post about.

Tired of getting great ideas of what to get only to find out it will cost me double or more the price of the product to get it here or isnt offered at all to Canada.

Last edited:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Hi, I'm looking for people to help me figure out all the best places to buy speakers that Canadians can get without being charged duty or any other fee etc.
Tax (GST / HST) will always be applied to most products regardless of where you order them from.

The next question comes to duty, and that depends where a product is made, If it's made in Mexico or USA, it is protected under NAFTA and you should not be paying duty. If it's made elsewhere, you're paying duties regardless - they're simply internal to the cost of the product.

Cross-border shipping fees are usually pretty reasonable via ground, but via air usually adds brokerage fees into the price. Ground will also add brokerage fees if you do not self-clear, but in most Canadian cities with an airport, self-clearing is a total cinch.

Realistically, I wouldn't be too bothered by ordering from USA. Yes, you will pay a bit more, but it's just the way it is. Most of the well-known entry-to-mid-level ID companies (EMP, SVS, Ascend, Salk, Philharmonic, Wavecrest) are still extremely high-value, even if they cost more to Canadians than to Americans.

FWIW, I'll toss out this site:
http://www.pashop.com/products/detail/JBL/LSR305/

O

OdinGOW

Audioholic Intern
Tax (GST / HST) will always be applied to most products regardless of where you order them from.

The next question comes to duty, and that depends where a product is made, If it's made in Mexico or USA, it is protected under NAFTA and you should not be paying duty. If it's made elsewhere, you're paying duties regardless - they're simply internal to the cost of the product.

Cross-border shipping fees are usually pretty reasonable via ground, but via air usually adds brokerage fees into the price. Ground will also add brokerage fees if you do not self-clear, but in most Canadian cities with an airport, self-clearing is a total cinch.

Realistically, I wouldn't be too bothered by ordering from USA. Yes, you will pay a bit more, but it's just the way it is. Most of the well-known entry-to-mid-level ID companies (EMP, SVS, Ascend, Salk, Philharmonic, Wavecrest) are still extremely high-value, even if they cost more to Canadians than to Americans.

FWIW, I'll toss out this site:
http://www.pashop.com/products/detail/JBL/LSR305/
You do not pay duty regardless, i never mentioned taxes because thats a no brainer everyone pays taxes, and there are sites and retailers that ship to canada with ZERO extra cost.... Exact same price as if you live in the states (after currency conversion) and even with free shipping such as fluance. The "it's just the way it is" is a self defeating attitude. Many of us Canadians are tired of paying more for everything! Our cost of living is higher and dollar worth less too. After currency conversion and crossing border fees it GREATLY decreases the "value" of a purchase.

This is the entire point of this thread. Your "reasonable" shipping cross border cost are absurd especially when your only looking at making a 200$ purchase, which in most cases the extra fees add an extra 33%.

Im looking to make a list of places canadians can pay the price listed PERIOD. More sites like fluance and 2001audio who even offer free shipping no strings attached (besides minum order amount). When I spoke to fluance they said they have some sort of business license that allows them to sell to canadian residents the same as Americans so no duty charges or anything occur. I figure there must be others with this setup as well.

It doesn't seem to matter where a product is made for sites like amazon.com or ebay.com.... They charge a fee for crossing the border, yes we have canadian versions of those sites but we never see the same deals or prices as the US and a lot of products aren't even available at the .ca sites.

Summary is, there ARE companies that offer shipping to canada from US completely free and I want uncover all these channels, as well as good canadian sites I'm not aware of. We shouldn't have to pay twice the price for the same thing.

Thank you for the site you listed :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis