Best budget blu-ray player?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
My mother needs blu-ray player as she bough new TV and old DVD player had only scart connection so no luck connecting it with hdmi.

What would be best blu-ray player for around 100? I was looking for Sony BDP-S4500B at 99,90 + postage, so around 105 total. Would this be good option or is there any better choices in price range?

Just looking for best quality player for money. She has 3D smart TV but I doubt she will never use the 3D out of it. So no need for smart in BDP and 3D is not mandatory either.

Thank you.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
In my opinion Sony makes a fine quality player for that kind of money. Samsung is another brand to consider.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
The current Samsung players are excellent. I have two of them.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

The current Samsung players are excellent. I have two of them.
I used to have Samsungs top of line blu-ray player before my Marantz and it was way too loud.. Haven't heard that issue with Sony.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I used to have Samsungs top of line blu-ray player before my Marantz and it was way too loud.. Haven't heard that issue with Sony.
I've heard that elsewhere on the forum. Must have been older models.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I've always had good luck with Sony's. Mom might not be interested but all (I think) come with internet apps so the display screen might confuse her if she's anything like my mom was. She couldn't handle a 4 button TV remote control*.

* volume up/down. Channel up/dpwn.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I agree with the Sony suggestion. Peace and goodwill.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

So, made an order for Sony BDP-S4500B at 103€ delivered. I suppose it should do everything needed just fine.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Received it today and I have to say that the unit and remote are a lot smaller than I expected. But I suppose it doesn't need to be big to do it's job. Will go to install it after next week and after that I'm smarter about how it performs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Even the cheap ones seem to do a pretty good job these days.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm chiming in for Sony. I'm still using my old BDP-S360 player and it hasn't died yet. I wish it would becuase it takes for ever to load some BkuRays :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis