Best 1080p HDTV's 2015, 2016

M

mr sarnoff

Audioholic Intern
We evidently purchased a LG EG559100 OLED 1080p. In my and scores of others the best 1080p. Unfortunately, LG is no longer producing the 9100. If you want one of these truly astounding 1080p units I suggest you contact Best Buy stores directly for remaining inventory plus search the web. You will not be sorry. Good luck.
AFAIK Those are stonking good I've seen them at BB/Magnolia also but thier cartoonish CGI demo loops that day sucked but I see the potential .

I have a stonking good 64f8500 Sammy Plasma so I get the OLED and Plasma significant color ( OLED black) , less blooming and emission display motion advantages vs SDR LED w/o WCG (thats why I bought it in 2013 ) and that thing still ain't no joke at all even against my 2015 4K HDR WCG Sony X850 C LED LCD in here that is stonking good as well but still has the usual LCD motion sample and hold display bogeyman and all that comes with that but it ain't as bad on a Sony as a lot of LCD but you would be kidding yourself to say it ain't there .

, these newer 2015-2016 4K HDR WCG 10 bit HDR sets out of Sony and Samsung are pretty dang good now .

OTOH an higher NIT with good OLED blacks RGB OLED Samsung and or Sony 4K HDR TV might be real interesting like that new Sony flagship NIT war LCD that just came out nobody's seen yet

Last edited:
M

mr sarnoff

Audioholic Intern
Yeah, I am mostly referring to the higher models since each company will take care in making sure their flagship product is the best that people see because it can in turn get people to buy the lower models ironically. In the lower models for all the manufacturers the panels could come from anywhere, BUT the integration is still better with the better manufacturers. When you get to the cheapest models, all bets are off and the cheap models are their bread and butter - they sell the most and though they are not pulling in the premium margin, they still add up. There are more and more cheap factories pumping out panels, but the top tier are still only made by a few.

As OLED ramps, and it is still moving a bit slowly, things will shift and IMO, we'll see a change in the display business again. Due to the cost of manufacturing right now, the top OLED displays will still be coming from the big names for a while.
IRRC it took a good while for larger CCFL LCD to ramp up after they came out with little ones so The Digital Chip based RP sets were an interim thing maybe .

I still have a View sonic 19" 4:3 LCD TFT PC monitor I don't use anymore from 2005 maybe and that thing was like nearly $500.00 and you can get a 1080p 16X9 24" Acer LED VA panel that can put that thing to bed in a minute for $110.00 now. I have one in a bed room here room with a like new off lease Dell Core Duo SFF tower E bay win ($65.00 cheap) I rolled windows 10 into and a 27" 2560p Acer in here but the HP Elite book gets used around here more that that one but this purchased new windows 10 test mule upgraded HP P7 on dual booting windows 10 with an SSD and 4TB of metal is my daily driver in here .

I had a 50 "1080P 16" deep Sony Lycos RP or what ever it was table top set with some kind of Iris thing .

I bought it with a spare bulb in 2005 for IMO a ton of money for what it was but just a little more than I paid for the Sony 36" FD HD Trinitron a few years earlier and Plasma's were still grand theft money then but dang they looked good in the stores .

That Sony Lycos wasn't bad at the time except the motion was beyond horrible on panning shots like a ball game stadium audience sometimes and bad in general and it could almost give you vertigo sometimes.

I like the newer sets here much better especially the Sammy plasma and the 120Hz LCD panel in the Sony X85C ☺

Again ... OTOH an higher NIT with good OLED blacks RGB OLED Samsung and or Sony 4K HDR TV might be real interesting like that new spendy Sony flagship NIT war LCD that just came out nobody's seen yet

Last edited:
M

mr sarnoff

Audioholic Intern
How good are Sony TV's?
I am exploring the idea of getting 55W800C. I live in PAL region (50/100 Hz).
Sony 55w800C doesent get real bright but it aint bad at all ( I saw them at BB) good contrast and blacks without a dodgy low led count Vizio Fald array that may reduce brightness and adds blooming in those price ranges for all that and it is a Sony Andoid TV with a REAL premium OS and lotta apps and not some maybe lame Vizio tard pad and maybe no OTA tuner at all and it is with the usually well regraded Sony color , build quality and parts quality inside on any of the 800C and up Sonys just not Sony Triluminous color .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis