BenQ projector audio and wireless/chord streaming

B

bewoam

Audiophyte
Never having purchased a home projector before I was quite taken by BenQ's W1070, but that has since been surpassed by the W1110 and would like to know if that is a good choice just for watching movies on a wall?

Secondly, I have some wireless headphones from Sennheiser (RS-170) which I have set up to my computer's audio port (iMac). I plan to stream the audio via those headphones, but have been told that the audio emanates from the projector itself. Is there a way to keep the headphone base transmission station attached to my iMac, rather than the projector, I don't want running cables and I don't want the projector to make any noise.

Finally, I like the idea of wireless, but the dongle from BenQ costs roughly 50% of the projector's asking price. I read that media can be streamed via a USB dongle, which can be plugged into the reverse of the projector itself. While I don't have an Amazon Fire TV Stick, what other USB dongle could I substitute to stream video?

Failing that, as my iMac only has Thunderbolt (1st generation) ports on it's reverse (which as the same shape as a Mini Display port) can I use an HDMI to MD cable to transfer the image to the projector?

Thanks for the help!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
See my response on the other website you posted this to.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
How come you prefer the other site to this one?
I moderate the forums at the other site, so I check that site before I come here. So, if someone asks in both forums, I answer there first and don't even know someone asked here (or at AVS) until I get to those forums. I go from Projector Central to Audioholics, to AVS. So, if someone asks here and at AVS, I answer here before I answer there.

Just the order in which I view the forums.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis